Thread: News Release on Shrimp Pot Limit for 2011

Default News Release on Shrimp Pot Limit for 2011

Picked this up today 3/16 at F&G in Anchorage.

ALASKA DEPARTMENT OF FISH AND GAME
    Cora Campbell, Commissioner

DIVISION OF SPORT FISH
    Charles O. Swanton, Director
    Dan Bosch
    Area Sport Fisheries Management Biologist
    Phone: (907) 267-2153
    March 15, 2011
    PRINCE WILLIAM SOUND 2011 SHRIMP FISHERY UPDATE
    The number of shrimp pots allowed for harvesting shrimp in the Prince William Sound noncommercial shrimp pot fisheries (sport, personal use, and subsistence) will remain at 5 pots per person with a maximum of 5 pots per vessel for the 2011 season. The noncommercial pot shrimp fishery will open at 12:01 a.m., Friday, April 15, 2011, and continue through 11:59 p.m., Thursday, September 15, 2011.
    ADF&G has estimated a total harvestable surplus of 132,000 pounds of spot shrimp for the 2011 season. Noncommercial fisheries have been allocated 60 percent of the harvestable surplus. The allowable harvest for noncommercial fishermen in 2011 will be 79,200 pounds of shrimp. In 2010, the noncommercial pot shrimp fisheries were allowed additional pots and harvested an estimated 87,700 pounds of shrimp, exceeding the allocation by about 5,000 pounds.
    Noncommercial fishermen are required to have a permit in their possession when fishing for shrimp. There is no fee for this permit and permits are available at ADF&G offices by the beginning of April.

END

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Rigid & Folding Shrimp & Crab Pots
    Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    akshrimppots@mtaonline.net
    907 775 1692

Thanks Potbuilder looks like I am going to get 5 pots from you this year I also have a friend who I think is going to do the same..