Thread: Koflach Degre

Smile Koflach Degre

For the fans of the Koflach Degre boots, they are returning to the market this month. Pretty cool too, the new boots are black/gray.

http://www.koflach.com/en/parsepage.php?tpl=tpl_index

I seen the new boots on the scarpa site, they look sweet, didn't Scarpa buy out Koflach?

From what i know they did. They should be at barneys by the end of this month.

Quote Originally Posted by mtnclimber View Post
    From what i know they did. They should be at barneys by the end of this month.
    Oh Great.....I should just have an allotment from my pay to go right to Barneys every month.....

I've used a few different hard plastic mountaineering boots (probably tried all the major companies) thru the years and the old Koflach Degres were among my favorites; glad they are going to manufacture them again as I really liked them and hope they are similar to the old style. Switched to the Scarpa Omega after the last Degre and they left some to be desired as my feet had some issues with those particular Scarpas. Probably will switch back to the new Degre. Scarpa is the North American distributer for Koflach. I am a big Scarpa boot fan whether it is leather or hard plastic. I try to keep my account paid ahead on the plus side with Bob. TS
    Last edited by Timber Smith; 03-16-2011 at 21:54. Reason: add on

"AND YE SHALL KNOW THE TRUTH AND THE TRUTH SHALL MAKE YOU FREE."

JOHN VIII - XXXII

Timber smith, have you ever owned or know anything about the scarpa mont blancs?

Quote Originally Posted by mtnclimber View Post
    Timber smith, have you ever owned or know anything about the scarpa mont blancs?
    Negative, I've only seen them in a shop in Italy before Christmas when was I purchasing some Phantoms. I can assure you that the Mont Blancs are a very good boot. I advise if at all possible you try some on prior to purchase and try to find a shop that will fit you correctly.

The Scarpas that I use for winter and high altitude are the Phantoms (the ones with a built in gaiter). My girl uses La Sportiva Mons for the same purpose. These are both cold weather technical boots better suited for expedition.

Scarpa Omegas I use for ice and glacier w/crampons. In the past, where I hunt, hard plastic boots have worked best and I tried the Omegas last fall season and had to switch to my Scarpa Liskamms (luckily I had brought them along to basecamp). I've found the Liskamms to be better suited for general mountain hunting purposes as long as the AO isn't predominately talus and shale, then I prefer a hard plastic, thus, I will go back to the Koflach Degre. TS

Lots of good mountaineering boots available. Everybodys' feet are different; you really need to find what feels good, fits best and wears well. Out of all my gear, IMO boots are absolutely the single most important piece of equipment. TS

"AND YE SHALL KNOW THE TRUTH AND THE TRUTH SHALL MAKE YOU FREE."

JOHN VIII - XXXII