Thread: Any one thinking about

Default Any one thinking about

booking a hunt with this outfitter,, Blair world wide hunting,, might want to read this.......I would sure hate to be either one of these guys, the heat is on high..
    http://forums.accuratereloading.com/...3471078051/p/1
    Might save someone a little grief, if nothing else it's an entertaining read..

That thread proves reloading gives you lots of extra pocket money
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

I've been keeping up with that thread for a couple of weeks now. Man, what a mess. I hope that the hunters family gets some retribution. Its a shame that society has to put up with scum bags in business like the Blair World Wide, and the supposed outfitter. I'm a DIY kinda of guy, and wouldn't spend those kind of dollars for a hunt, even if I could, but the booking agent and the outfitter/guide are both crooks. Good luck to the family that got robbed.
    Knute

I would kick jeff blair's teeth in, then give him 24 hours to return my money or craw the rest of his life.
    A mans word should be worth his life.

$70,000 for a Desert sheep????? WOW..... I am in the wrong business. Thats enough money that would justify making peeps disappear and never be heard of again. But if you can lay out 70G's on a sheep hunt you would think that you would have some sort of a contract. Thats more then I make in almost two years................................... JUST PROVES THAT HUNTING IS BECOMING A RICH MANS SPORT.

i hope that if all was said was true (remember this is the internet and we can say whatever we want truth, lies, what all else) that this broker if in breech of contract and indeed acted illegally in keeping this clients money should be shunned from the hunting community and never be allowed back. Hopefully this guy is run out of business...are you kidding me?!..someone pays 70k on a hunt they don't get to go on and no refund! This a crazy story and involves a ridiculous amount of money. I have no idea what contracts were signed but one would think that if your guide is a no-show that you would be reimbursed. I realize you can't control weather, animals, ect but not even being offered an alternative hunt or at least recover most of the money for a hunt you were never able to go on thats nuts. All in all a good reason not to pay these idiot hunt brokers in the first place do your own research and save the cash.

Bump this up top...

Quote Originally Posted by Amigo Will View Post
    That thread proves reloading gives you lots of extra pocket money
    Yeah, Really,

Who are these people anyway, $70,000.......................???????

Gotta admit that was entertaining reading for a while,
    all the mysterious "new members,"..... what really happened,...

Awww the internet, well I was entertained,
    until I realized that thread was 12 pages long .... couldn't get thru it

Think I'll stick with the good old AOD, where we debate over the guy who shot a decoy from the gravel shoulder,
    and we all get wound about how far off the pavement he was,.....
    and why he was given a warning at all,......., for fun

PS: Does anyone pay that much, up here, to kill one critter ????
    Ten Hours in that little raft off the AK peninsula, blowin' NW 60, in November.... "the Power of Life and Death is in the Tongue," and Yes, God is Good !

Default $70,000 sheep hunt fiasco judgement

I finally read the rest of the 19 pages on this saga and the family did get a judgement against the OUTFITTER, nothing against the BOOKING AGENT. But you know what a judgement means; if you get any money is another subject. Quite a eye opener about booking agents in general, never used one but if I ever do, some things to consider.

Quote Originally Posted by kodiakrain View Post
    PS: Does anyone pay that much, up here, to kill one critter ????
    I doubt it, but there are people up here, that pay that much to kill one critter elsewhere.
    Death is like an old whore in a bar--I'll buy her a drink but I won't go upstairs with her.

Governors permit also paid the guide 25K to find the biggest one. So i heard.

Quote Originally Posted by pa18tony View Post
    Governors permit also paid the guide 25K to find the biggest one. So i heard.
    was that the guy from Korea that did two attempts in the park and still didn't tag out?

Nope he was from AZ and ended up hunting East Fork. We had the 2nd season tag the sheep he was after was 180+ i had seen it. A guy got injured and he did not get a sheep. No one got that sheep. O that was when there were sheep to get in 14C!

Booking with someone like that is like buying stuff made in China. Go Local Always!
    Even a jackass won't stumble on the same stone twice.

Even with less expensive hunts, outfitters recommend getting trip insurance to cover your loss.