Thread: Which is best among these for running shoes : Adidas,Nike,Asics or Reebok?

Default Which is best among these for running shoes : Adidas,Nike,Asics or Reebok?

I'm planning to buy a good pair of running shoes,not the ones used for track running but the usual warn up shoes,which would a be a good choice?

Asics Gel..........The best IMO

Nike Pegasus- ....Basically anything on clearance that has team bowerman on it.

Running shoes are like boots, everbody has different shaped feet. I like brooks running shoes for the road and montrail for trail running and hiking since they fit my feet. I would try different shoes on and narrow your choices down that way. Having people tell you which shoe to get won't do you much good since everybody's foot is different. If you live in Anchorage go into skinny raven and try on different shoes and run on the treadmill. They have a 30 day return policy on there shoes if you do not like them. Good luck!!

Default Fit, anatomy, sources for expert advice...

Quote Originally Posted by Russp17 View Post
    Running shoes are like boots, everbody has different shaped feet. I like brooks running shoes for the road and montrail for trail running and hiking since they fit my feet. I would try different shoes on and narrow your choices down that way. Having people tell you which shoe to get won't do you much good since everybody's foot is different. If you live in Anchorage go into skinny raven and try on different shoes and run on the treadmill. They have a 30 day return policy on there shoes if you do not like them. Good luck!!
    Fit: Agree with Russp17. Shoemakers build their shoes on a foot model, called a "last". If their last closely matches your foot, then their shoe fits better. Maybe it isn't always critical, but sometimes it matters.

Anatomy and function: Running shoes especially are now built to accomodate your natural arch and degree of foot pronation (http://www.runnersworld.com/cda/shoe...-0-0-0,00.html, http://www.therunningadvisor.com/running_shoes.html). Years ago I tried a new (cool-looking) shoe off the rack, which caused a new knee pain that I'd never experienced. When I went back to my old shoes, the pain faded, then returned when I ran in the new shoes again.

Great store/experts: Skinny Raven, or a dedicated running-specific store in your town, is a great source for shoes, accessories and information. I like SR, am a strong advocate of supporting local businesses whenever I can. I don't know that it's necessary to go to a running-specific store like Skinny Raven, but that has been my practice now for years. As I age, I value my ability to run more and my goal has shifted from "run faster/farther" to "keep running". But you can get pretty good running shoe guidance from catalogs (online or paper: http://www.roadrunnersports.com/ is a good example) can help you select ("shoe finder") shoes based on characteristics of your feet. Their catalogs also group shoes into fit categories most likely to fit you best. But, it takes some time to keep up with running shoes. I prefer to go to Skinny Raven each July, then spend the rest of the year wearing each pair out (200-300 miles). Once I found Brooks Adrenalines, I've just stuck with them.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Perdomon View Post
    I'm planning to buy a good pair of running shoes,not the ones used for track running but the usual warn up shoes,which would a be a good choice?
    What kind of tires are good?

More or less what you are asking...

What are you putting 'em on, for what terrain, variety or specific conditions, any other particulars, ever had injuries, etc. In other words - who - like body type, age, male/female, overweight or slim, inclinations/purposes, and - what - kind of feet are we talking? Lots of very good shoes, designs, and mix of materials out there... any brand suggestion at this point essentially has little bearing on good decision making until we have more info.

+2 For Skinny Raven. Fit and support is everything. Try on several pairs and then get a good insole. As was mentioned earlier, shoes are built with a generic foot. Trust me, try different insoles in the shoes and walk/run on their treadmill to try them out. You'll avoid alot of aches and injuries with the right pair of shoes. Good luck.

New Balance Made in USA.

Made a recent switch and REALLY like them. They aren't the "norm"...but they are impressive!!

http://www.vibramfivefingers.com/index.htm

Whole different work out. Your calves will LOVE you after you've been running in them for a while.
    Know guns. Know peace. Know safety.

No guns: no peace. No safety!

Personal fit is probably one of the most important things, but I really like the Asics Gel Kayano.

Go to a good store like Skinny Raven that has experienced people who will measure your foot and check your arches. Then let them recommend a few different brands and models for you to try on based on your feet.

Some shoes will cost less or last longer than others but if they don't fit right your cost saving will cost you in foot, knee, or back problems in the end. If you find two pairs of shoes that fit equally as well then you can ask around as to which one holds up the best.

2nd for skinny raven in anchorage. i just got a pair of Brooks from them and love them. i had used the same "model' of asics for over a decade. suddenly this new pair gave me arch problems on one foot. i went to them, tried on 5 pairs or so on a treadmill, after trying 4 different insert soles they suggested, and settled on the Brooks. they exchanged them 2-3 weeks after buying the asics.

I have really hard time finding running shoes that don't end up hurting my feet (adidas, new balance, nike etc!), but I recently found the PERFECT shoe for trail running called Montrail and the style is Streak. They are the only shoes so far that don't hurt my feet and I have three pairs Good luck finding a good pair of shoes

Asics if you're not on a treadmill.
    "When the time comes for a man to look his Maker in the eye, where better could the meeting be held than in the wilderness?"