Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cheap-O RMK Gun Rack

Quote Originally Posted by cwoods View Post
    Sorry but it is fabbed up with the welder and not bought as a kit. It really isn't to difficult to make,the pics above would make it easy to duplicate or use to improve on in your own way. It's just some scraps that were laying around put to use. The butt holder is a thin gauge plate cut to the shape of the rifle butt with a little bigger circumference and 3/8" rod making the cage welded to it lined with fuel hose to protect the stock....upper mount is plate cut to the triangle flat shape on the cowling with one also on the backside to sandwich the plastic in between and make it rigid...top plate has a tab welded to it where I mounted a piece of an old rear window truck rifle rack with a bolt which allows me to adjust it up and down depending on which rifle I'm carrying with me at the moment. Hope that all made sense to you...
    Yup - all made sense. I love Alaskan engineering. I know you have taken some hits on the barrel getting snagged, but I have a feeling that you and I ride in similar areas - it would work perfectly for me too. I'm already in the works to find a buddy to help me well up a similar mount. Since we have no snow right now... it's the least I can do. Your Expi is a stellar looking machine. Keep the posts coming as you add more.

So I've been cutting some firewood loops around the place here with the V800 Tundra, and decided to mount a machete to the other side of the cowl for easier access, don't really even need to hop off the sled for some of IMG_5318.jpgthose pesky spruce boughs.....

Quote Originally Posted by 4951tomm View Post
    So I've been cutting some firewood loops around the place here with the V800 Tundra, and decided to mount a machete to the other side of the cowl for easier access, don't really even need to hop off the sled for some of IMG_5318.jpgthose pesky spruce boughs.....
    You don't fear that front end of the machete sleeve getting an alder behind it and tearing it right off the cowling??
    Your sarcasm is way, waaaayyyyyyyy more sarcastic than mine!
    WWG1WGA! QANON

Default Machete

Quote Originally Posted by cod View Post
    You don't fear that front end of the machete sleeve getting an alder behind it and tearing it right off the cowling??
    Well, I carry a $500-750 rifle on the right hand side, and a $20 machete on the left, so no, I don't worry about it....

Default Cheap-O Bumper

Quote Originally Posted by 4951tomm View Post
    Well, I carry a $500-750 rifle on the right hand side, and a $20 machete on the left, so no, I don't worry about it....
    Ahhh, I see what you mean......Your right, it could tear a chunk of the cowling off.........So, in the spirit of "Cheap-O-ness" I have added a small, cheap bumper, made outa 5/8 bar and a couple a "Pack Rack" ATV rifle mounts.......The bar is flexible enough that it can be adjusted/bent with a cheater bar for optimum willow deflection and soft enough to have some give in case I hit a snow covered stump, am not sure how much abuse the aluminum grab handle can actually take. Would have liked to have made it longer, but am kinda worried about taking it in the shin or hooking on willows while in reverse...... Thanks for all the input
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12