Thread: Lewis Winch purchase

Default Lewis Winch purchase

Since I am driving down to Washington in April to pick up a boat decided to save some money on other toys as well.
    Lewis Winch offers a dealer kit:
    http://www.lewiswinch.com/Authorized_Dealers.html

Price is $1,770 if the kit is picked up in person in BC. These winches are price locked at $850 plus about $50-100 for shipping if you order one from a lower 48 vendor. If anyone wants to split part of the kit for me I am game. For $850 you can have one winch and one snatch block delivered to Eagle River.
    If no interest then I'll just order a winch and snatch block for myself and have it delivered to the boat dealer in Washington state. Must be paid for before the 1st of April.
    PM me if interested.
    Tennessee

Offer closed, winch has been ordered.
    Tennessee

You'll love it. I attached mine to a Stihl MS390 and it makes the old Rule chainsaw winch look like a play toy. The cable is stubborn to stay wound on the drum in the beginning so get used to using the drum brake or suffer some frustration from slow backlashes. I kept the steel cable on mine since I use it to pull stumps as much as anything. I have a spool of Blue Steel for extension line but haven't needed it.

Pricey, but hope we never need it. At least now will have the comfort of knowing we will have something if (when?) we stick the jet boat or have to pull a moose out of the river. A Stihl 441 will power this as the boat is really heavy.
    Tennessee

My inboard weighs in at over 5,000 when loaded. I run mine singled out till the saw bogs and then double it up and go. It will pull the whole show up over dry gravel no sweat.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowwolfe View Post
    Pricey, but hope we never need it. At least now will have the comfort of knowing we will have something if (when?) we stick the jet boat or have to pull a moose out of the river. A Stihl 441 will power this as the boat is really heavy.

Looks like a dandy. I'd love to have one on standby but I'm afraid it would be a rusty mess in no time on the ocean.