Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Wife said that if I buy anything else!!!

Default My Wife said that if I buy anything else!!!

My Wife said that if I buy anything else hunting or fishing related that she is going to leave. I'm sure going to miss her. Okay guys it can't be just me. How many out there are to the hide it from the wife stage. This cold weather is costing me a fortune. I read about the latest greatest thing and bam, to the door it comes. Whatís so special about this or that??? Well whatís so special about the dozen purses she has?? Or the closet full of shoes??? Not ragging on the ladies, we all have our must haves. Come on, time to come clean, I won't tell her, heck I don't even tell mine anymore. I have come to realize that the last thing I will ever need in Alaska is a casket, and I sure hope I don't have to make that purchase anytime soon. It's the last gun I will ever have to buy... It's the last boat... You get picture. Misery loves company.

Steve

Cool Not Quite There Yet

Well I am not quite to that stage yet. Right now I am at the stage where I buy it first and then spend a month making up for it. How does the saying go, Better to ask for forgiveness later than permission now. I am sure I am not far behind you though.

C.H.

Default don't ask, don't tell

My wife gave up a long time ago. I told here years ago she was on a "need to know" basis. She learned she didn't really need to know. Honestly, she doesn't really care and lets me do whatever I want to do.

Talking Good arrangement

Both wife and myself work and after all bills, obligations & savings are dealt with we each have our own play money to do with what we want. This works out quite well.

For some reason she thinks it's still a little unequal because I make more than she does, I just tell her I also pay more of the bills than she does.

Part of the agreement is I don't complain how she spends her play money and she can't complain how I spend mine.

All-in-all it still works out great.

Good luck getting there.

Default Get the family involved

Take the wife with you. Kids too. If she doesnt go now tell her its a way to spend more time with her and the kids. Make sure the first trip she goes on is perfect. Weather, camp, animals, photgraphy need to be great for them to get started. There's nothing better than a hunting partner you actually like snuggling with. They smell better too.

Talking Good arrangement

I forgot to add one very important part of the whole arrangement which makes it possible. SEPARATE CHECK BOOKS!

Smile

My wife does not care what i purchase .
    I have a side hobby that keeps me in hunting money . What ever I make I can spend .
    Now my regular paycheck all goes to her , she pays the bills !!!!!
    My last purchase was a Pro Pioneer and she didn't even blink an eye ....

RR
    Practice does not make perfect !!!!!
    Perfect Practice makes perfect !!!!!!!!!!

USS SARATOGA CV-60

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...ex_2-1-1-1.gif

Default My wife is Great.

We also have separate checking accounts have since we got married almost 15 years now. If I added it all up we are talking about a 100k. Thatís allot of tacos. Of course this includes Jet Boat, snow machine, two 4 wheelers can't have just one. Trailers, guns clothes, airfare, taxidermy.. Did I mention the motor home. I'm getting depressed just thinking about it. However as I type this I'm on my way to the Man Store AKA Sportsmanís Warehouse to find my next must have. The wife is great and she does go with me allot. She's starting to nest and is always worried we won't have enough. But you only go around once and while in Rome do as the Romans or is that Nome and do it on a snow machine. Never saw a place were you needed so many means of conveyance. I Owe, I owe, off to shop I go.

Steve

Last edited by stid2677; 02-28-2007 at 12:13. Reason: spelling

Thumbs up Attitude

I guess I like the attitude and perseverance.

Default envy?

Hmmm....
    I was never in a relationship with a woman, where she didn't want to rule the roost. Try as I might to find middle ground. Well I wish all you guy's the best in your various methods of feeding the habit.
    I answer to no woman right now and likely never will again.
    This last one literally brought me to the brink of bankruptcy. Once I dig myself out I'm gonna spend and do what I want!
    As for the snuggling thing.... Well ya can't have everything!

reuben...

Default Been there too reuben...

My first wife got the Gold mine and I got the shaft. I feel ya brother, It gets better. Sucks don't it, now you have all the time and none of the money, at least that was my case. Good luck my friend,

Steve

Default I've Got a Good One

Well,

She hunts,fishes, cooks, does drywall, changes oil, cuts grass, and is a great teacher to my boys. And above all I can talk to her about everything. She out of the blue said this week " You work hard and haven't bought yourself anything in a while, so why don't you buy a new gun". I did, you can't beat that.

Ron

WHERE did you find these gals? none of them are from the southern states or alaska im sure!

Default No kidding!

I don't understand why I've never been able to find one! I know a few but they are taken. I seem to attract the mean selfish ones.
    To all of you guy's out there who lucked out.... I salute you...

ciao....

reuben...

I make my purchases benefit BOTH fo us......got to have a better tent so WE can be happy, need the chainsaw winch so WE don't have to work so hard, I want another sno go so WE can go together........you see

then there is the stuff that she is not ever going to use, so for that I upgrade or trade to my hand. We needed to build a rifle for her dad to hunt with, I offered to swap my personal scope (that I was unhappy with) and a pistol, (that I was never going to shoot) to allow us to build a gun for him, well, it just so worked out that I was able to swap the pistol for a nice sxs 20ga and that scope for one that would work, AND one to replace mine.......BUT never let them know you came out good, now I have the green light to replace MY pistol AND my scope, so I end up netting a new scatter gun and a scope.......kinda sneaky but it works good.

some one once said,

it is important to have a woman who cleans house,
    it is important to have a woman who loves thee well,
    it is important to have a beautiful woman,
    it is important to have a woman who is well off,
    it is more important that these four women do not know each other.

My wife does not know what I have in the gun safe, doesn't care. She will shoot my pistols and that is about it.

Lay away works great and then you sneak it in the house

I have a room above my garage that is loaded with everything outdoors, camo, gadgets, shells, guns, tents, sleeping bags etc. She has no idea what is up there.

She has always been great about me buying guns or gear that I need (want) and has really never said a thing about anything I have bought within reason.

Doug

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by reuben_j_cogburn View Post
    Hmmm....
    I was never in a relationship with a woman, where she didn't want to rule the roost. Try as I might to find middle ground. Well I wish all you guy's the best in your various methods of feeding the habit.
    I answer to no woman right now and likely never will again.
    This last one literally brought me to the brink of bankruptcy. Once I dig myself out I'm gonna spend and do what I want!
    As for the snuggling thing.... Well ya can't have everything!

reuben...
    I know where your coming from , experienced my separation last august , same crap , things are good now , i just brought home a stainless guide rifle , no complaints from anyone.

Default Gun and Camo

The guns and camo clothes are too easy. It's the big-ticket items that are hard to hide among all the other hunting and fishing paraphernalia. My newest toy is the Alaska Series Jet Range with a Mercury 25hp. Can't wait for open water to try it out. Good luck to all on your shopping.

Steve

Talking Step Above

Stid: I'll tell you what, you're in a class all your own. lol

Default No Kids!!!

Right now I have no kids at home. They cost way more than my hunting habit. I have two that are grown. Had to cut the boy off after I had bought him the 4th car. Somehow he just did not get the pay back dad the loan thing. I figured after the 4th car, he could ride a bike. When I was 24 I had a wife and 2 kids. I guess 24 is the new 14. I wish I could have been a teenager until I was 30. Don't get me started.

Steve

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast