Thread: Chugach Air Transporter

Default Chugach Air Transporter

I was lucky enough to draw a DG866 Marcus Glacier goat tag. I have never flown with an air service in this part of the state. The two names that I have now are Meekins Air and Wiederkehr Air. If anyone has had good or bad esxperiences please share. Also if there are other names I should consider please let me know. I am not sure if I can recieve PMs so feel free to email me at serealaska@gmail.com. Thanks!

Brian

Somewhere between lucky and extremely lucky

Can't go wrong with Meekins--he knows the area as good as anyone. Great hunt- I drew it the first year it went to draw (08 I believe)

Meekins Air service is great - I've used him twice. Heard good things about Wiederkehr also. Wiederkehr might be a little better priced for Marcus Baker than Meekins.

A few years ago a partner and I flew out with Palmer Air, owner Gary Bishop. He was priced well and service was excellent. He lives right next to the Palmer Airport which would make for a very short jump back to Marcus Baker.

AK Wonderer,

Does Palmer Air Operate a Super Cub as well?

Brian

Meekins or Bishop, as already suggested. Meekins has exceptional knowledge and a family history of the Knik Glacier area. I do not believe Bishop will be available in Sept-Oct 2011 'cause he will be flying on the Alaska Peninsula. If you can not line up Meekins, check back with me/us 'cause there are a few others working that area (I just do not have their phone numbers avail at this moment).........dennis

Yes Palmer Air operates with a Super Cub. I do know that Gary flies bear hunts on the AK Pen. so Dennis could be correct about availability in Sept/Oct. Worth giving him a call to be sure.

matt keller of blue ice avaition flies over there, married to meekin's daughter.
    billy weihdiker is awesome, best price around and just an even keeled guy. Bishop is outrangeous on the price, charges 200 for each off runway landing...and then the hourly rate on top of that. flew with him once, won't happen again, after i got the bill.
    BAT, not sure if he's still flying, he's outa plamer too, he was pretty cool, can't remember his name.
    Billy would be my first choice.
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

BRWNBR, aksere....
    I believe BOB and his former business, Bobs Air Taxi (BAT) flying out of Palmer is not active at this time.

Bear Lake Air Service at Bearlakeair.net is now operating out of Wasilla currently 1 PA-18 Supercub on wheels and straight skis in ski seasons.

Thanks to all who replied to this thread it is definitely helping me make my decision on who to go with. Also can anyone tell me how to get my PM option turned on. Thanks again!

Brian

good to know saim....
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212