Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone had taxidermist "issues" lately?

Default Anyone had taxidermist "issues" lately?

Hey guys. Going to keep this short and sweet; Has anyone had any issues with a taxidermy shop on west international airport road in the last year or so? It is at the same location of a shop that people were having problems with previously but has since been bought out and there is a new owner. I just want to know if I'm the only one that is getting the shaft from the new owner.

He inherited a heck of a mess. I used them to get a few hides tanned and had no problem. Good luck getting yours resolved.

If I'm not mistaken, he got everything caught up from the other guy and that part of the business back in order then sold it to another individual. He has a shop out in Wasilla/Big lake also, so you can contact him there. I've used him for the last 6yrs and never had issues and always good work.

No problems on west international airport road , but 4 years ago I took a buck to ****** Taxedermy, and still haven't got anything but excuses why it's not finished yet.
    Last edited by Brian M; 03-15-2011 at 22:25. Reason: name removed per forum rules

Ugh...even thinking about this stuff makes me sick....
    Know guns. Know peace. Know safety.

No guns: no peace. No safety!

I took some stuff to him this past fall. Not a big job but he did as promised and seemed like a decent guy. I would have done more with him but the guy who's hide it was wanted it done somewhere else. I will probably be back just because of the good service I got.

isn't that the same guy that put the muskox horns on backwards and painted the tips with a magic marker? i saw some pics of the mount...
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

Quote Originally Posted by BRWNBR View Post
    isn't that the same guy that put the muskox horns on backwards and painted the tips with a magic marker? i saw some pics of the mount...
    I would love to see photos of that!!!

i'll see if i can find them....
    Master guide 212

i'll see if i can find them....
    http://www.trapperman.com/forum/ubbt...rmy_work_.html
    I'm Pro-Pike.

I know what you guys are saying and I whole heartedly want to agree with you about the guy and the work he does. I'm out a nice bear hide (it had already been tanned) that I spent 5 years of hunting for to a "supposed" roof collapse. I'm still in Afghanistan so I can't deal with it right now, but haven't gotten so much as an email from the guy. GAredneck, you think it has been sold again (making it the third time it has been sold in the past year and a half)? It make's me sick, but I'm still not out to give anyone a bad name. Just trying to find out what's going on, so any more help would be appreciated. Thanks guys.
    Attached Images Attached Images

BTW, it wasn't Tundra.

internet rumors? perhaps...still one awesome musk ox mount!!
    Master guide 212

I was thinking of the later, so I can't say for sure it has been sold again.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperCub View Post
    I would love to see photos of that!!!
    Stop by my house....

that was yours alaskan22???!!
    Master guide 212

Thanks GAredneck. I was pretty sure it was the "later" that you were talking about but at this point I don't know what to think. Lesson learned I guess. I'm not done yet though.

Hey guys, I'm the new owener of the shop. Kings of the north taxidermy. The shop is no longer open there due to the roof caving in. I have been in contact with all my customers. To The hunter asking about his giz. I have spoken to your dad about the bear. He told me to hold on to it until you get back from overseas so you can come look at it. I did get caught up in passed the past taxidermist but I've been making right on there misfurtant. If anyone has questions or problems please email me so I can help. Just a note I didnt lose any fur or horns in the building and I have detailed records on everything. Sorry for the confusion.

that was yours alaskan22???!!
    Yup.......

I hang it HIGH on the wall so no one can get a good look at it. I call it "the rare Alaskan wildebeast". One of two known...and amazingly the same taxi shop did the work on both.... those &*#$%&&*!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kingsofthenorth View Post
    Hey guys, I'm the new owener of the shop. Kings of the north taxidermy. The shop is no longer open there due to the roof caving in. I have been in contact with all my customers. To The hunter asking about his giz. I have spoken to your dad about the bear. He told me to hold on to it until you get back from overseas so you can come look at it. I did get caught up in passed the past taxidermist but I've been making right on there misfurtant. If anyone has questions or problems please email me so I can help. Just a note I didnt lose any fur or horns in the building and I have detailed records on everything. Sorry for the confusion.
    Your honesty and being up front (like this post) will go a long way with everyone. I don't have anything there, but I appreciate it anyways. I wish you luck and fortune, and glad the business is in new hands!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast