Thread: fishing long lake this weekend

Default fishing long lake this weekend

ive fished long lake before and seen some decent char in there would like some tips on where the trout and burbot are located in the lake
    fishing the char near the shallows by the points with eggs spoons and swedish pimples
    i would like to catch a burbot and a trout this weekend i know the lake pretty well just need a little help for burbot and trout

Quote Originally Posted by alaskanhunter View Post
    ive fished long lake before and seen some decent char in there would like some tips on where the trout and burbot are located in the lake
    fishing the char near the shallows by the points with eggs spoons and swedish pimples
    i would like to catch a burbot and a trout this weekend i know the lake pretty well just need a little help for burbot and trout
    If you know the lake well...well:

http://www.trophy-clips.com/view_vid...e=&category=mr

Fish On!
    You know your not catching any fish when you start talking about the weather...

http://www.alaskansalmonslayers.com/

Rainbows are few and far between on Long. I have had the best success to the right after the cove opens into the lake stay about 20 yards off the bank and run roe. Burbut I wouldn't waist my time they hardly get big enough to enjoy the fight and not enough meat to eat. I have done really well in Wasilla lake for rainbows this year. Last weekend i hooked a 24 incher and lost a fish bigger than that running shrimp 6 inches off the bottom if 15ft.