Thread: Local bullet maker

Default Local bullet maker

I'm looking for a local (Anchorage or the valley) bullet caster who makes 360-370 grain hard cast .452 gas checked bullets for my Casull. I have gotten some excellent bullets from Lee Stoner, but he only casts up to 330 gr. Any suggestions? Thanks

Warren, have you tried RANGER RICK on this forum? He's down in Homer, but he sells all over the country. The only problem I see is that he might consider a 370 grain .452 too light.
    I may be slow, but I get where I'm going!

Quote Originally Posted by .338-06 View Post
    Warren, have you tried RANGER RICK on this forum? He's down in Homer, but he sells all over the country. The only problem I see is that he might consider a 370 grain .452 too light.
    Rick only has 265, 300, and 535 in .452, .453, .454 on his website. He may have others not listed yet but . . .
    http://www.lsstuff.com/ranger-rick/

Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

I would suggest you get a bullet mold and a lead pot and make your own if your planning on shooting more than just a few.

Default Just a lead pot and a mold eh....

I have cast bullets a LOT, and no offense, but it takes a lot more than just a pot, some lead and a mold, including space which I don't have. Otherwise, I wouldn't ask for someone else to do it for me. I tried to reach Ranger Rick several times recently, having dealt with him in the past, but with no responses.

Well, no offense taken , but that is exactly how I started 45years ago on moms kitchen stove. It wasn't ideal but it worked. But that aside , buy a mold and I'm sure some one would be willing to cast for you.

I used to sell small quantities of large bore cast pistol bullets. When I factored in how much time I was spending, I was barely making minimum wage. I still cast for myself occasionally, but it's time consuming to do it right, and tough to find a consistant supply of wheel weights.

You might give Arnie Grimes a call. I don't know if he has what you are looking for, but I've bought lots of bullets from him in fairly standard sizes.

Arnie's Ammo 9641 Vanguard Dr. #4. Anchorage, Alaska 907-332-3156

PaulH: You are right on, Without a commercial casting set up, you won't make enough money to make it worth while. With the cost of good commercial heavy hard cast, it's worth it to cast your own and you can get a custom mold just how you want it. Try buying some 358009 bullets. I know you know where to get those, but it won't be a commercial caster.

Default heavy .452 bullets

Thanks Mort, I'll check with him for what I need.

I did buy some good 310 and 330 grain gas-checked hardcast bullets from Lee Stoner. His prices are quite reasonable and with the amount of shooting I do these days, It's actually a good way for me to go. Just wish he cast heavier bullets. His slugs are as good as CP or beartooth.

Stoner does make excellent bullets and his prices are good and no freight. Hard to beat if your not going to shoot a lot.