Thread: Wanting to hunt Kodiak deer

Default Wanting to hunt Kodiak deer

I ( and the wife ) plan to leave Alaska after 35 years and there are a few things I want to accomplish before the departure in 18-24 months if things go as planned. One of them is hunt Kodiak for deer, since I have never done so I would prefer to have a partner with some experience and success there. This can be boat, cabin or tent based ( I have a wealth of quality gear ) and I am experienced in remote hunts be it from boat, atv, or foot with one flyout drop camp hunt in the mix.

I am not looking to spend a fortune or hire a guide by any means, only a transporter where needed. Thinking November.

I will be 47yo. come hunt time, in good health and am very fit by hunting season. I do not mind a pack/hike and can haul quite a load without complaint; I take fitness seriously when it comes to hunting. Non-smoker, I do like a beer after the day is done but I do not go hunting to drink, I do not snore , am non-religious and do not follow a political party ( those are personal matters best left to oneself ). I am pretty easy going and easy to get along with if you consider yourself of a similar disposition.

I have taken moose, bear, caribou and sheep in my hunting career in Alaska and take great care to preserve the harvest and fill the freezer.

If you fit the bill, have a spot open on a boat or in a cabin etc. shoot me a PM and we can chat about it. Have questions, just ask ?

Looking up and reading some of my posts should shed some light about me.
    If anyone has the same desire or maybe another remote DIY hunt let me know. A different suggestion may be on my list if it is affordable at this time.

Quote Originally Posted by .338WM View Post
    I ( and the wife ) plan to leave Alaska after 35 years and there are a few things I want to accomplish before the departure in 18-24 months if things go as planned. One of them is hunt Kodiak for deer, since I have never done so I would prefer to have a partner with some experience and success there. This can be boat, cabin or tent based ( I have a wealth of quality gear ) and I am experienced in remote hunts be it from boat, atv, or foot with one flyout drop camp hunt in the mix.

I am not looking to spend a fortune or hire a guide by any means, only a transporter where needed. Thinking November.

I will be 47yo. come hunt time, in good health and am very fit by hunting season. I do not mind a pack/hike and can haul quite a load without complaint; I take fitness seriously when it comes to hunting. Non-smoker, I do like a beer after the day is done but I do not go hunting to drink, I do not snore , am non-religious and do not follow a political party ( those are personal matters best left to oneself ). I am pretty easy going and easy to get along with if you consider yourself of a similar disposition.

I have taken moose, bear, caribou and sheep in my hunting career in Alaska and take great care to preserve the harvest and fill the freezer.

If you fit the bill, have a spot open on a boat or in a cabin etc. shoot me a PM and we can chat about it. Have questions, just ask ?

Looking up and reading some of my posts should shed some light about me.
    If anyone has the same desire or maybe another remote DIY hunt let me know. A different suggestion may be on my list if it is affordable at this time.
    There are several good DIY-transporter options for hunting deer on Kodiak Island. You'll have no problem putting together a nice trip for as little as $1400 for the week, not including flying to Kodiak.
    Alaska Outdoors Television ~ Outdoor Channel

PM sent.
    Jeffrey

Another PM for you...