Thread: A new AR......

Default A new AR......

My first three shot group at 300 yards with the Patriot Ordinance rifle.

The high shot was from initial 25 yard zero.

There are two shots in the white and one about 1.25" away in the black.

This with some locally made Fiocchi ammo using some locally made 168 grain Sierra BTHP Match king bullets. All made in in Missouri, USA.

The Rifle Made in Arizona, USA.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Is there nothing so sacred on this earth that you aren't willing to kill or die for?

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    My first three shot group at 300 yards with the Patriot Ordinance rifle.

The high shot was from initial 25 yard zero.

There are two shots in the white and one about 1.25" away in the black.

This with some locally made Fiocchi ammo using some locally made 168 grain Sierra BTHP Match king bullets. All made in in Missouri, USA.

The Rifle Made in Arizona, USA.
    Ya got somebody locally that will turn your scope a click to the left? Just kiddin!

I like it and would like it better without all of those rails on the fore arm!

Your gonna have to work hard on your handloads to better two holes touching @ 300yds! The one in the black was a flier!

Whats the glass?

Sweet, whats that combo weigh Murphy?
    When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....

I'll hire somebody to adjust the scope....An older Kahles 2-7, yeah set on seven. Clicks are marked 1/3" @100, I'd 8mm, but not real fine. I went one left and one up and shot a crescent group around the top of that inner ring. I went back down one and got rained on while cleaning the rifle so put it away for a day or two. It was centered 1" low at 25 yards after scoping, that high shot was the result.

Smokey, that gun isn't a light weight. I think I read rifle alone was 9.5#, the mount is Armalite and the scope probably weighs about 18 ozs. With medium-heavy barrel of 20" and all those railroad tracks, it isn't a lightweight. I think it was a SASS entrant.

It is piston driven with a very well designed system and they make the 308 in barrels as short as 11.5", (M&LEO) 14.5", (with attached MD) and 16.25". With the piston we don't have to worry about excess pressure in action with short gas tubes.
    Is there nothing so sacred on this earth that you aren't willing to kill or die for?

well, if'n ya run outa ammo I reckon ya can beat em to death with it!
    They looked good on their website but outa my price range for a toy to play with...
    Looking at your groupings I would say they are well made...
    When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....

So what are your plans for this gun? Will you use it in competition? I know a lot of it is the shooter, that aside I don't own a rifle that will shoot that good, but then the groups shot from my guns have been shot by me and not you....they might be better than I think!

I hope everyone is paying attention to the fact that you shot that group on 7X which on a variable is probably more like 6X! That makes a pretty loud statement for lower magnification!

OK MUPHY, So are you proud you bought a gun that only holds three rounds or is it that it broke after 3 rounds. Either way if you need to dispose of it just PM me and I'll haul it away for you.
    AND how long is a 168 grn. 22 caliber bullet anyway ? ENJOY your new toy !!
    " Americans will never need the 2nd Amendment, until the government tries to take it away."

On the road of life..... Pot holes keep things interesting !

Quote Originally Posted by elmerkeithclone View Post
    So what are your plans for this gun? Will you use it in competition? I know a lot of it is the shooter, that aside I don't own a rifle that will shoot that good, but then the groups shot from my guns have been shot by me and not you....they might be better than I think!

I hope everyone is paying attention to the fact that you shot that group on 7X which on a variable is probably more like 6X! That makes a pretty loud statement for lower magnification!
    I'm probably not that good either.....just get lucky sometimes but that gun with that ammo is .5 MOA at 300 yards. And yes it is a gun for competition. Targets will be from 300 to 600 yards. I have a 3.5- 10X M1 MK IV in mind for it to make the outfit more competitive. The target aided aiming at 300. It was put up for practice with the iron sighted M1A rifle. It's a very clear scope, too. We shoot a modified course of fire with it here locally using a similar target at 300 for our slow fire stage. Lots of fun!!