Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: early notice: State 3D shoot, May 21-22

Default early notice: State 3D shoot, May 21-22

Northwest Archer's Assoc. and Black Sheep Bowmen are co-sponsoring a state 3D shoot May 21st and 22nd at the Kincaid Park archery range in Anchorage. More info in the attached flyer.
    Attached Files Attached Files

That sounds like fun. Lots of good terrain out at Kincaid to build a killer course
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Doug, are we going to see you at any shoots this year?

Quote Originally Posted by shearej View Post
    Northwest Archer's Assoc. and Black Sheep Bowmen are co-sponsoring a state 3D shoot May 21st and 22nd at the Kincaid Park archery range in Anchorage. More info in the attached flyer.
    Please save the .doc file as a .PDF and repost so those of us that don't have MSWord can view the flyer.
    You can save the flyer as a .PDF right from MSWord. Thanks!
    "He should have been packing a more powerful gun...you have to be a very good shot or very lucky to stop a brown bear with a .357 Magnum." - Rick Sinnott, Alaska Department of Fish and Game biologist after a double attack by a grizzly.

Having trouble attaching a PDF, but will try a JPEG. Thanks for the heads-up about MS Word.

Attachment 46918

Seems I'm still having troubles with jpeg attachments, so I'll just type everything on the flyer. Send me a PM with your email if you want the flyer emailed to you.

Northwest Archers & Black Sheep Bowmen are co/sponsoring the Alaska State 3D Competition. 40 targets per day. Unmarked yardage. $25.00 for ASAA Members, $40.00 for Non-members. Cubs shoot FREE. May 21-22. NWA Archery Range, Kincaid Park, Anchorage. Sign up at 8:00, Shoot starts at 9:00. Lunch will be available. Points of Contact: NWA Pres. Lance Warnick (243-1027) and Black Sheep Pres. Rod Miland (952-2191).

Doug, are we going to see you at any shoots this year?
    It's possible. Owning your own business can be time consuming as you will soon find out I plan to take at least one weekend off per month this summer and May is open right now. Planning on 4th of July shoot, but my kids really like going to Denali instead. Time will tell.

Is it going to be a shotgun start? I prefer those it keeps people honest with scores!

Quote Originally Posted by AlaskanOutdoorsman View Post
    Please save the .doc file as a .PDF and repost so those of us that don't have MSWord can view the flyer.
    You can save the flyer as a .PDF right from MSWord. Thanks!
    You can download Open Office for free if you want to. It is a clone of MS Word without the high price tag. Reads all the formats that Word does. I have used it for years and it works great.

http://www.openoffice.org/
    Just a bitter Alaskan clinging to his guns and religion.....

Thanks bilder - I forgot about that option. I have word at the office but refuse to install it at home to have some downtime. I'll save it as a PDF and re-post (if Open Office will allow it).
    "He should have been packing a more powerful gun...you have to be a very good shot or very lucky to stop a brown bear with a .357 Magnum." - Rick Sinnott, Alaska Department of Fish and Game biologist after a double attack by a grizzly.

Looks like a great time, always seem to miss out on the shoots. I'll try make it but it depends on my work schedule and bear baiting.

This shoot sounds like a great opportunity!

Does anyone know of shoots happening on the Kenai Peninsula this year?

Default PDF flier

here is the PDF
    State 3D Flyer[1].pdf

There is always a 4th of July shoot down at the Kenai Archers

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan Gunner View Post
    This shoot sounds like a great opportunity!

Kenai Peninsula Archers will be hosting the Alaska State Archery Association's Marked 3D Championship Tournament July 2-3

Alot of tap dancing no one has answered my question is it a shotgun start or bring 5-6 buddies in your group and bs scores are called? I'm not about scores but it burns me up when people start cheating just to get a 2-5 dollar award...

Quote Originally Posted by 323 View Post
    Alot of tap dancing no one has answered my question is it a shotgun start or bring 5-6 buddies in your group and bs scores are called? I'm not about scores but it burns me up when people start cheating just to get a 2-5 dollar award...
    I don't know how the shoot will be structured. Best bet is to call Lance Warnick or Rod Miland at the numbers above and they can provide the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by 323 View Post
    A shotgun start simply means that everyone will start at the same time on different targets. Yes, it will be a shotgun start. If you would like to shoot with your buddies, thats ok. If youd rather shoot in a random group, we can pair you up with 3-4 other guys.

What's with the attitude? I haven't been to an Alaskan 3D that wasn't a shotgun start. Groups are usually "broken" on the second day as shooters with similar scores are grouped together. Top four guys shoot against with each other, next four lower scores shoot together..so on and so forth. I love this format.

Man sounds like fun!! I hate owning a business that only operates in the summer My only day off I have to work on equipment
    PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast