Thread: Gun Show finds

Default Gun Show finds

Surprised no one has started this one yet!

Overall I was disappointed in stuff to buy but did get a few gems:

first was a 98 Mauser - 1938 dated 237 code (Mauser Obendorff) with all matching numbers except for the missing barrel bands. Gun is almost unused with a bright shiney bore, orginal finish, and even still has the ordnance acceptance samps on the stock

second was a orginal stock for my pre 64 Featherweight Mdl 70. Appears to be unused.

third and forth were a pair of orginal uncut Mdl 70 pre-64 stocks with the orginal steel buttplates and sling swivels. Both are nice but one was better - it will go on my 1953 .30-06 that was cutoff and fitted with a pad like so many others.
    Living the urban lifestyle so I can pay my way and for my family's needs, and support my country. And you?
    ".. ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country" JFK

I got a Winchester M-97. Not in the best shape, but a fair price. I am sending it to Coyote Cap to get tuned up and refinshed. I was kinda disappointed with the show over all. You used to be able to trade for stuff in gunshows. Now everybody wants cash. I was looking for a set of the grips that come with the super redhawk, or the gp100. Nobody seemed to have any. I also saw a Thompson 45 cal flintlock that I really wanted, but didn't have enough cash for.
    Some people call it sky busting... I call it optimism
    "Swans are a gift" -DucksandDogs
    I am a shoveler's worst nightmare!

I picked up a Winchester Classic stainless .375 H&H, smooth like buttah! I do have it down at Andy Hawk's right now getting the stock shortened a tad, a Decelerator pad put on it, and Tally scope mounts and rings installed. Then, it will be mine.

My father-in-law picked up a sweet Whitworth .375 H&H, just what he was looking for.

It was a great day!

I bought a .338 beater 70 for a donor gun. I saw a few stainless .375s, but I have one here cheaper, so passed

Quote Originally Posted by Sir View Post
    I picked up a Winchester Classic stainless .375 H&H, smooth like buttah! I do have it down at Andy Hawk's right now getting the stock shortened a tad, a Decelerator pad put on it, and Tally scope mounts and rings installed. Then, it will be mine.

It was a great day!

Please post or PM me with the price, as I have one to sell........Thanks

there was a vendor there with a Weatherby Sub Moa 300 wsm that I really wanted but passed on. He also had a vanguard in 270 sitting right next to it. He was to the left f the entrance/fee booth and 3rd or 4th table over. I should have gotten his name and number.

Quote Originally Posted by sniper3083006 View Post
    there was a vendor there with a Weatherby Sub Moa 300 wsm that I really wanted but passed on. He also had a vanguard in 270 sitting right next to it. He was to the left f the entrance/fee booth and 3rd or 4th table over. I should have gotten his name and number.
    White Western hat............???? About 70 y/o.........???

Quote Originally Posted by duckslayer56 View Post
    I was looking for a set of the grips that come with the super redhawk, or the gp100. Nobody seemed to have any.
    I just saw your post regarding the gun show. I have a set of original Redhawk grips, like brand new with stainless screws and nuts. I'm also in Wasilla. What are they worth?
    Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.

You can buy them off the ruger website for 40 dollars. Are they Redhawk grips, or Super Redhawk grips? The redhawk is usually a set of hardwood grips, super redhawks came with the rubber grips with the wood insert. I want a set for my GP100.

Sorry, these are hardwood grips.
    Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.

You can buy them off the ruger website for 40 dollars. Are they Redhawk grips, or Super Redhawk grips? The redhawk is usually a set of hardwood grips, super redhawks came with the rubber grips with the wood insert. I want a set for my GP100.
    I've got a few sets if you'd like.
    "The older I get, the better I was."

I would like very much, where are you located, and how much for a set?

I picked up some fine Stoner cast bullets and a mossberg 144lsb to feed my weakness for all things .22
    I'm still looking for a barrel wrench for my Dan wesson .22

I would like very much, where are you located, and how much for a set?
    I'm in Idaho. $20 + $5 shipping.
    You can also order new ones from Midway for $25.
    "The older I get, the better I was."

First cool AR receiver I've seen in a while.

VA colorfill_2.jpg

Yes, I now have one.

They have them marked .223-5.56mm, 6.8mm, and Multi. And he has a laser so can do 'engraving' like Anvil and Spike's used to. He had one with the Punisher skull on the right side of the magwell.