Thread: Seaplane Fuel Stops in the Northwest

Default Seaplane Fuel Stops in the Northwest

My father and I are hoping to hunt the Western Arctic Herd in early August this year. This will be our first attempt at the WAH. We usually hunt the Mulchatna herd, but with thier recent numbers we have been striking out latly, and feel like we need a change. We have a 206 on floats, and our biggest concern is that after the Yukon River, we really have no reliable sources of AvGas. This is really probably a shot in the dark, but does anyone know of any sources of AvGas up that way that would be available to a float plane? I am talking anywhere from the Yukon to Point Hope... Thanks.

You might be able to fuel up the floatplane in Kotz. Not real sure about that. Bettles for sure if you want to go in that direction. The best source I know of for more information about services in that area would be Andy Greenblatt of Shadow Aviation
    907 457-7194.....Louis

No problem getting fuel at OTZ airport. Crowley has a truck, and I think that they can come fuel you at the pond. Call them to be sure. I got fuel on wheels there this summer, but they pulled the truck out to fuel me. Worse case is you have to fill cans and haul them over to the pond. I don't miss the hassles of float flying and trying to find fuel.

Quote Originally Posted by akbull24 View Post
    My father and I are hoping to hunt the Western Arctic Herd in early August this year. This will be our first attempt at the WAH. We usually hunt the Mulchatna herd, but with thier recent numbers we have been striking out latly, and feel like we need a change. We have a 206 on floats, and our biggest concern is that after the Yukon River, we really have no reliable sources of AvGas. This is really probably a shot in the dark, but does anyone know of any sources of AvGas up that way that would be available to a float plane? I am talking anywhere from the Yukon to Point Hope... Thanks.
    You might try contacting Bettles Lodge http://www.bettleslodge.com/ they sell avgas and they do have a float plane pond from which they operate a Beaver. There may be fuel publicly available at their pond. They do have a fuel concession at the Bettles airport, but it would be a gerry jug operation from there.