Thread: HB0186A Wood Bison and HB187 Bison fencing

Default HB0186A Wood Bison and HB187 Bison fencing

Thought you might find these house bills of interest. Looks like they are trying to hold the Wood Bison hostage and fence the Delta Bison on the bison range. The majority of the Delta Bison Working Group (including the local Delta Farmer representative on the group) voted to fence the farms. However, we now have the president of the Delta Chapter of the Alaska Farm Bureau working in Juneau as a legislative aid.

Hopefully you can pass these around so folks know what's going on. The fence would eliminate the youth moose hunt in this area, it would violate the "free-ranging" status of the Delta Bison Herd, it would fence out local residents from some of their remaining recreation areas.

Just as a side note, between 1995 - 2009 (15 years) Alaska farmers received over $38 million in federal subsidies from you and I. They don't want to fence their farms and think we should fence in the bison, which were here 50 years before the ag project development began in 1979. A Farm welfare system with an entitlement mentality is what we seem to have gotten for Alaska's $100 million investment in the late 70's and early 80's. You can look these bills up online at the state legislature website and voice your opinion . I dont know if I posted this in the right place If not I gess a mod will move it.

Have a great day,

Now residing in Fairbanks from the bush

I posted on this the other day but it didn't get too much exposure before going to the next page:

Thanks for posting and bringing it to everyone's attention again.

Sorry Mark I did not know it was already posted hopefully it gets the folks interested enough to send a pom to the state house.