Thread: Whittier - Beautiful day..no fish...

Default Whittier - Beautiful day..no fish...

Decided to get out of the house and drove to Whittier on Sunday. Beautiful day. Looked around, made a few casts with a sabiki rig. No birds, no fish. Did see a sea otter cruising the shoreline. Casting into open water sure felt good!!

Sure beats hanging in town. Did you happen to take a peek at the harbor improvements? I have heard that work has begun.
    Spending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

What a beautiful day to be out too. Just wish the water was always that flat.

Quote Originally Posted by spoiled one View Post
    Sure beats hanging in town. Did you happen to take a peek at the harbor improvements? I have heard that work has begun.
    It sure has! I was there for about 15 minutes the other day (had to check on the boat, as there have been some problems with a pump) and it was hard to find a place to park anywhere near the harbor. The harbormaster's building has been lifted and moved, the ramp by the office is gone, and there is all sorts of debris piled here and there. I didn't have time to look at the details, but the place looked like a war zone.

Man guys, this just isn't fair! My fishing itch is nearly uncontrollable at this point, and reading stuff like this just makes it that much worse. April 15th can't come quick enough!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    It sure has! I was there for about 15 minutes the other day (had to check on the boat, as there have been some problems with a pump) and it was hard to find a place to park anywhere near the harbor. The harbormaster's building has been lifted and moved, the ramp by the office is gone, and there is all sorts of debris piled here and there. I didn't have time to look at the details, but the place looked like a war zone.
    I've heard that there is some kind of problem with the soils from under the habormasters office???

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Rigid & Folding Shrimp & Crab Pots
    Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    akshrimppots@mtaonline.net
    907 775 1692

So the West ramp in gone, thatí a drag!
    Jay
    07 C-Dory 25 Cruiser
    OurPlayground.

Quote Originally Posted by Larsenvega View Post
    Man guys, this just isn't fair! My fishing itch is nearly uncontrollable at this point, and reading stuff like this just makes it that much worse. April 15th can't come quick enough!
    Only one month out! Dang that seems close. I was kicking myself for not bringing my kayak. It was just beautiful. Something just mesmerizing about looking into the clear water... I know the fish are in the water...

Default more eye candy to add to your itch

Morning sunrise in Lake Bay Esther Island

a little san juan action for ya

how bout Tatitlek

I got a new yamaha for my zodiac and would like to launch at the beach by the tanks does anyone know if that is possible right now? also im thinking of trolling some herring any tips or advice? thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by kevin476 View Post
    I got a new yamaha for my zodiac and would like to launch at the beach by the tanks does anyone know if that is possible right now? also im thinking of trolling some herring any tips or advice? thanks in advance!
    Looked like a decent berm leading down to the beach there right after the tunnel. Then after that it looked liked a skating rink. I wasn't looking at it from the perspective of launching my boat. I was in a civic so I looked at the turn off and said "nope."

Quote Originally Posted by kevin476 View Post
    What Tanks