Thread: Hi-Line Moving Services

Default Hi-Line Moving Services

Ok guys has anyone heard of or used “Hi-line moving services”, we are thinking of using them for the move as they provided us a really great rate that would be hard to beat even if we did it ourselves once you figure in the lost income from missing 2 weeks of works. I need to know what kind of Company they are and how good or bad they are at what they do. We are thinking of letting them move our Household goods and both vehicles. Any input is greatly appreciated.

Always do a quick search of their BBB records. Hi Line has just two complaints in 36 months - one resolved and one not. However, they don't communicate with the BBB and thus have earned an F rating. Which after reviewing what a rating means the F is meaningless to a consumer.

However, if they are using a local firm up here to unpack then there is no way to check that unless you call them and find out who their sub contractor is.

Hopefully one of the military folks that used these guys chimes in.

Used them in 08 with reasonable satisfaction, but the outfit they brought my stuff to in Anchorage who delivered to the house was another story so just make sure their not working with Ace in Anchorage.
    Paul

It is my understanding that all the shippers take their stuff to Hi-Line for the trip up the ALCAN. We used them in '04 with good results. Had minimal damage that was probably unavoidable given the distance traveled and the items damaged. If you got a good price, I'd say go for it.

I used Hi Line and they did a good job, but as stated above avoid Ace and the man that manages it at all cost. I have a real horror story with Ace and after checking so has several other people. What Hi Line does is bring the loads to Anchorage and then contracts with Ace to deliver to your home and that is where the problem starts. The only complaint I had with Hi Line was they do not communicate with you very well, but rest of service was fine. Good luck with your move.
    Retirement Plan - Having Fun and Still Learning

Had a nightmare move in '06 via Allisons Relo and Hi-Line. Don't want to tell the whole story but I'd never use them again.

When the driver hit town, rather than wait on the mover's to come down from Fairbanks on Mon.- he went down to the liquor store and hired some guys he found hanging around. Less than impressed when I discovered that about the time they rolled a chest of drawers down the stairs. They left the rest of my crap on the lawn.

He also handed me my gun case that weighed about 40lbs too little as someone had removed all my rifles at the Canadian border. They were eventually returned 8 weeks later, but they rode loose in the back of a truck all the way up the Alcan.

I finally had to just quit talking to them after it was apparent I'd end up with a stroke before I received any further resolution.

YMMV- in all fairness (not that I really want to be fair) I had a relatively painless move in '03 using the same folks. It really depends on the driver you get and how they manage the movers that actually unload the truck.

i worked as a mover for several years... first thing to remember is.... things will break... good movers or not... it happens... usually notthe way things are packed as much as the shipping... just mak sure they use plenty of paper in the dish packs and bubble wrap then cardboard and glass front furniture... an average kitchen should be able to get atleast 5-6 dish packs or more... if they have less they didnt use enough paper, make them repack em

Quote Originally Posted by hodgeman View Post
    Had a nightmare move in '06 via Allisons Relo and Hi-Line. Don't want to tell the whole story but I'd never use them again.

When the driver hit town, rather than wait on the mover's to come down from Fairbanks on Mon.- he went down to the liquor store and hired some guys he found hanging around. Less than impressed when I discovered that about the time they rolled a chest of drawers down the stairs. They left the rest of my crap on the lawn.

He also handed me my gun case that weighed about 40lbs too little as someone had removed all my rifles at the Canadian border. They were eventually returned 8 weeks later, but they rode loose in the back of a truck all the way up the Alcan.

I finally had to just quit talking to them after it was apparent I'd end up with a stroke before I received any further resolution.

YMMV- in all fairness (not that I really want to be fair) I had a relatively painless move in '03 using the same folks. It really depends on the driver you get and how they manage the movers that actually unload the truck.

when trucked through canada every weapon must be acounted for and inspected... still they are to be immediatly repacked as it causes huge problems on the recieving end... i was acused of stealing a pistol that came up missing on a delivery... not a fun experience

Hey guys thanks for all the Information, I made it up here to Anchorage this last weekend and am waiting on my truck which is on its way on a Hi line truck so we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Thunder View Post
    I used Hi Line and they did a good job, but as stated above avoid Ace and the man that manages it at all cost. I have a real horror story with Ace and after checking so has several other people. What Hi Line does is bring the loads to Anchorage and then contracts with Ace to deliver to your home and that is where the problem starts. The only complaint I had with Hi Line was they do not communicate with you very well, but rest of service was fine. Good luck with your move.
    Agree on using ACE . AVOID them at all cost. I cannot emphasize that enough. PM me if you even consider doing business with them and I will change your mind
    "What is it about a beautiful sunny afternoon, with the birds singing and the wind rustling through the leaves, that makes you want to get drunk?” --Jack Handy