Thread: REI dividends

Default REI dividends

The REI dividends are up. Kind of bitter sweet really.

REI is the liberal devil. Best to burn that dividend and never enter that store again.

So is Pepsi Co. But I still drink Mnt. Dew from time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by akjeff View Post
    REI is the liberal devil. Best to burn that dividend and never enter that store again.
    It's funny how fast they help you when they see you sporting camo,seems like they want to get ya out the door as fast as they can so not to offend the many granola crunchers that infest the place.

You guys are funny. I have seen the light! Now off to Walmart so I can spend my money in a good ol USA patriotic store.

Quote Originally Posted by Kotton View Post
    It's funny how fast they help you when they see you sporting camo,seems like they want to get ya out the door as fast as they can so not to offend the many granola crunchers that infest the place.
    You guys are funny. I have a friend who works there and I went to a company party and most of them talked to me about hunting and fishing. Maybe they help you because that's there job.

For those of you who look at this as a baseless rant. Its time to dig deeper. Educate yourself on who is funding what.

Some quotes from the text of the following article.

“The Secretary’s order effectively places all public lands off limits from energy development if any environmental extremist group thinks the land should be made into wilderness,” the commissioners said in a statement. “This includes approximately 10 million of Utah’s 22 million acres of BLM land, including vast portions of Uintah County, Utah’s energy rich lands.”

Uintah County commissioners reacted with outrage to Salazar's “out of the blue” order, which they said was drafted based solely on “input from environmental groups."

http://www.vernal.com/stories/BLM-or...d-lands,952105

Is it just an accident that this signing happened outside REI in Denver. I think not. Walmart is a capitalistic goliath who cares for profit. REI is much more insidious with their "progressive ways". Judge for yourself.

Your telling me that they return destroyed gear after a year of abuse no questions asked, give me a yearly refund, AND let "orders" be signed on their sidewalk!!!! Holy crap if they sold beer and guns I would never leave.

rei = devil
    Semper Fi!

AKJeff,

I see your point for sure. However I do buy from them from time to time, but more often then not I try stuff on in their stuff so I can buy it cheaper elsewhere. I don't do that in the small local shops in AK as I like to help out the small guy, but REI is big enough that I don't feel all that bad about it.

Fact is many companies we use everyday give money to places that are 100% inline with our views.

Like I said I won't stop taking drinking and eating some of the pepsi products because of this:

http://www.huntersagainstpeta.com/pe...-the-hsus-250k

Hard to get away from it always indeed, but if you can sure. But I also don't write off places like that completely because they do serve a purpose for me.

Easy guys. I won't buy from some companies for the same types of reasons but they aren't the personification of evil. If you feel that strongly about it start your own company and make all your stuff in the USA. It's still a free country.... well sort of....