Thread: season wrap up

Default season wrap up

so i thought it would be good idea to start a thread on how us predator hunters did this season now that for the most part the season and the time the majority of animals taken has past. some questouns,

how many diferent animals did you take, and how many of each animal did you take?

how many critters did you call in this season?

would you consider it a good season or bad season, why?

thanks,
    joe,
    “We abuse land because we regard it as a commodity belonging to us. When we see land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it with love and respect.” - (Aldo Leopold)

I was able to take 1 fox and 1 coyote.

I was able to call in 3 criters, the ones i killed and a lynx 3 days before lynx season

I would consider this season a great season for me mainly because i was able to harvest my first predators.
    “We abuse land because we regard it as a commodity belonging to us. When we see land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it with love and respect.” - (Aldo Leopold)

I got several predators All trapping no calling. All taken between Wasilla and Cantwell. I'm already ready for next season to begin. Considering it was my first season trapping in AK I feel like I did great!

I'm not completely done yet with calling, but had to rack my brain a bit. Here's what I called:
    18 Coyotes, 10 Fox and 4 Lynx.

I'm not giving in just yet though.

Great job snowcamoman I spent a ot of days out and was able to call in two lynx I got one of them and this season for me was great I got to walk and get some great excersise. It got me that many more days outside where I love it the most and I got to take a critter in the process. This is my first season really trying to call and I learned a lot. I am looking forward to next year and hope to get a few more furs for the collection but if I dont at least I will be away from it all just me and my call.

Now I am gearing up for bears and cant wait for the snow to start melting