Thread: planning some prospecting trips

Default planning some prospecting trips

this will be my second year of prospecting and i started out with a pan, then got me a sluice box and i have really enjoyed getting out and doing something fun. i went to chicken for the 4th of july gpaa get together and i tried highbanking, it was a real good time.

i just got me a 3" dredge/highbanker combo and i look forward to doing that and see how that changes things.

i an self sufficient whith a place to stay, and get around. i have lived in anchorage for 47 years and i would like to try up north.

My question is what time of year is it comfortable, in the northern regions? also is there any place that one would consider a great place to go? not for the gold but for the experience.
    i love alaska and it is so beautiful, color is always nice, but, a nice camp fire and brew is great to
    no matter what, one needs to enjoy

i'm just looking for advice, and if you found a place that you felt was a experience worth remembering, it could be a pay to mine or someplace that was so pretty and filled with history, please pass it on

thank you

ken

If you feel like a drive, head up the Dalton Hwy. After you cross the Yukon bridge there is a information booth on the right side. Last time I was in there they had pamphlets telling which creeks and rivers had gold and how much you might expect to find per tom of dirt moved. If you have never driven the haul road it is an experience you will never forget.
    It ain't about the # of pounds of meat we bring back, nor about how much we spent to go do it. Its about seeing what no one else sees.

http://wouldieatitagainfoodblog.blogspot.com/

thank you as i have heard that it is a well worth while trip, i definatly will look into it. Gold is nice, but the adventure is always the best part