Thread: Looking for Partner for Remote Moose Hunt

Default Looking for Partner for Remote Moose Hunt

Looking for a partner for a remote moose hunt this fall; PM me if you're interested, time's a wastin...

Michael

Darn it, Michael, I'm interested, and I'd love to go, but the better half says it will be a couple of years before I can make the trip north again. You never no though, my son has had some teaching interviews in AK recently. Maybe I'll need to help him move, and while I'm there I might as well get a little hunting in. Good luck with the partner search, and maybe we can hook up one of these days. Knute

Quote Originally Posted by mdhunter View Post
    Looking for a partner for a remote moose hunt this fall; PM me if you're interested, time's a wastin...

Michael
    Thats not that much of a courtship. You might have better luck on e-harmony Seriously you might provide a few details about yourself, where you are going, what kind of hunt it will be, a couple of personal details: drinker, or non, non-smoker, snorer , abilities, equipment, cost sharing. You get the idea. Wish you luck

Hey mike, how about a hunt harmony section
    Semper Fi and God Bless

Good point TB - was rushed for time and wanted to get the initial word out. More details:

I'm looking at a remote flyout DIY moose hunt. Not committed to a certain location yet, checking out a few options. I don't drink when I hunt, unless Coke counts. I don't smoke, and none of my previous hunt partners have said anything about me snoring.

Abilities - I've done 6 flyout hunts in AK over the past decade, and have shot several caribou, a moose, and a wolf. I spend a lot of time glassing and am fairly adept at spotting game. I have most of the gear (tent, cooking equipment, bear fence, spotting scope, etc). I'm looking for a partner to share the costs that are typically shared - air charter, sat phone rental, lodging in remote village, meals in remote village, etc.

Here are some pics from past hunts:

2006 Moose:

2006 Wolf:

2010 Caribou:

You sound and look like the perfect hunt partner.
    Just wish I was able to take my grandson on a hunt but age and physical condition rule all that out.
    Good luck with your plans.

I want a moose like that. Good luck on finding a partner. I'd consider if I wasn't all ready going. Ed F

Ed,

Thanks for responding - I tried to email you last fall, but by the time I did you already had your plans for 2011! Maybe some other year...

Michael

Hey Michael what was the width on that moose? I know off subject but I just had to ask

56 inches. Good thing I measured them before I gave them away.

Michael, When are you going on your hunt and what are chances of caribou? I believe I spoke to you about caribou hunting on another thread a few months ago. Could you share general specifics such as duration, requirements, equipment, etc. Would you consider someone with no Alaska experience? For instance, I've been out west several times but all hunts have been cabin type both with and without guide. I haven't stayed in a tent since my boyscout days, but I guess a cot is a cot. You do bring lightweight cot, right? LOL Dave

Dave,

Shoot me an email at taoortoao@yahoo.com, and I'll send you some details.

Michael

I owe Michael for helping to plan and execute the best caribou hunt I have had. Not a drunk, Didn't snore, Was always thoughtful. He does a huge amount of research into updated equipment and good areas to hunt. He just didn't bring enough Coke!
    Give me another year to bank some coin and I'll go again. Good luck! (send pics)

mdhunter you have mail

Nikster, thanks for the kind words, I would hunt with you again in a heartbeat!

NickRhoades, thanks for your email, I sent a response.

Michael

Thanks to all who responded to my call for a hunt partner! After conversations with several candidates I was able to select a partner and the hunt is now booked. Looking forward to another September in the Alaskan wilderness!

Michael