Thread: 300 WSM and 200 grain Accubonds

Default 300 WSM and 200 grain Accubonds

Has anyone done any work with a 300 WSM and the 200 grain Accubonds ? It would seem to me that this could be a very capable "do all" combo

I worked up a load using 180 gr. Barnes MRX that shoot very well out of a Tika. This hasproven itself to be a very good round. I have used it on both Moose and Grizzly bear so far, with complete penetration on both.

I've shot some of the best groups of my life with a 300 WSM and 200 grain Accubonds in my Win Extreme Weather. I loaded 42.0 grains of RL17 into a Norma case and primed it with a CCI 250 and seated at .05 from the lands. Back to back groups measuring sub .25 MOA out of the factory tube. My velocity was 2885 with and ES of 7 fps after 10 shots.

I worked the load from 61.0 grains and worked up to 62.3 grains. I started to hit a difinite accuracy node with a .50" group at 61.8 grains, and then 62.0 grains gave me the results above. The 62.3 group was in the same POI but the group opened to 1". I didn't push it to hit max.

Update: I fired the 42.0 grain load at 300 yards. The result was a .75" group between 10 Mph wind gusts. It's officially official. This one's a keeper. I'll post pictures later this afternoon.

42.0 grains or 62.0 grains ? I'm a little confused

62.0 grains not 42.0 .

Here is a pic of the target shot at a ranged 110 yards.

I will TAKE that !!

I guess the point I am getting at is that the 200 AB can be a fantastic bullet for the WSM. Forget all the stuff going around about heavy bullets invading powder capacity. I could see that argument with slower powders, but with RL17 or the like, this bullet fits into the case with room to spare. The extra velocity is a nice bonus too.