Thread: I need an upgrade

Default I need an upgrade

I used an electric trolling motor on my scanoe last year, but would prefer to move up to a gas powered motor.

I can't imagine a small motor weighing more than the marine battery I've used to run the electric motor, and the whole process of recharging it after using just sucks.... I'd rather fill it up and go.
    "...just because we didn't agree with you doesn't mean we didn't have good discussion. It just means you missed it." -JMG-

there is one on Craigslist, it's a stale post but may still be there as it isn't exactly boating season. http://anchorage.craigslist.org/boa/2185360643.html

Yup - that looks like what I want, or at least something similar.

I turned down a free Tohatsu a couple years ago.

I don't know why local dealers don't sell such items in Juneau.... at least not when I have money in hand.
    "...just because we didn't agree with you doesn't mean we didn't have good discussion. It just means you missed it." -JMG-

I have the 2 hp 4 stroke Honda. Weight is 28 lbs with long shaft and I can say its a very strong 2 hp. I love that little thing and look forward to firing her up again this spring. Troll all afternoon on a liter of gas. I still like the electric motor as well as it is nice to move around a little while fishing but if you want to get somewhere and not worry about running the battery down and have to row home a little gas burner is the way to go.