Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: Kudos for Alaska Outdoors

  1. #1
    Member NDTerminator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Devils Lake ND
    Posts
    262

    Default Kudos for Alaska Outdoors

    Caught Alaska Outdoors for the first time yesterday (Dall Sheep episode). Wanted to give it and the two guys who were in it a big thumbs up.

    I'm not a huge fan of hunting TV & videos for a numbers of reasons and don't generally watch them. That being said, this show reminded me of those done by Fred Bear & later those of the Wensel bros. back in the 80s./early 90s. It captured two good friends who were having a great time despite their trip being snakebit by weather and overshooting of the area (legally but selfishly & greedily to my mind) of a G/O.

    Just wanted to tell the guys doing this show great job...

  2. #2
    Member AKDoug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Talkeetna
    Posts
    5,714

    Default

    I have caught three of them now. Oddly enough, each time it was when I was just flipping through the channels looking for something to watch. The duck hunting show, the deer hunting show and the dall sheep show. All were well done and I enjoyed them.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

  3. #3

    Default Thanks!

    Quote Originally Posted by NDTerminator View Post
    Caught Alaska Outdoors for the first time yesterday (Dall Sheep episode). Wanted to give it and the two guys who were in it a big thumbs up.

    I'm not a huge fan of hunting TV & videos for a numbers of reasons and don't generally watch them. That being said, this show reminded me of those done by Fred Bear & later those of the Wensel bros. back in the 80s./early 90s. It captured two good friends who were having a great time despite their trip being snakebit by weather and overshooting of the area (legally but selfishly & greedily to my mind) of a G/O.

    Just wanted to tell the guys doing this show great job...
    Thanks guys. Appreciate the thumbs up. There's no doubt we've made a few blunders along the way, caught some flak from a few serious duck hunters regarding our classy duck calling skills (pretty sure they were laughing at us and not with us) but for the most part its been an experience and a lot of fun. We're not trying to sell you anything fancy other than a good ole Alaskan time. If you have a chance, send Outdoor Channel your feedback and help bring the show back nationally for a second season.

    http://www.outdoorchannel.com/ShowFe...g&showId=14909

    For those in Canada the show starts April on the WildTV network.

    Thanks, and be sure to find us on Facebook for weekly updates.
    Alaska Outdoors Television ~ Outdoor Channel

  4. #4

    Default

    They have became my favorite show.Good job guys, lets see some bear hunting.

  5. #5
    Member NDTerminator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Devils Lake ND
    Posts
    262

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by tdelarm View Post
    Thanks guys. Appreciate the thumbs up. There's no doubt we've made a few blunders along the way, caught some flak from a few serious duck hunters regarding our classy duck calling skills (pretty sure they were laughing at us and not with us) but for the most part its been an experience and a lot of fun. We're not trying to sell you anything fancy other than a good ole Alaskan time. If you have a chance, send Outdoor Channel your feedback and help bring the show back nationally for a second season.

    http://www.outdoorchannel.com/ShowFe...g&showId=14909

    For those in Canada the show starts April on the WildTV network.

    Thanks, and be sure to find us on Facebook for weekly updates.
    It would be my pleasure to give you guys some support...

    That 170 reminded me of the old 150 I learned to fly in. Get to know your pax real well in those tight suckers...

    Don't sweat the classic calling skills. I grew up in southern Minn with a 12 gauge pump in my hands hunting waterfowl, and have lived out here in ND where waterfowling is king, for better than three decades now. Despite all that experience I cannot for the life of me produce a mallard feeding chuckle. Still, my two labs average roughly 150 marks a piece per season...

    Now honkers, I can run a a short reed honker call well enough...

  6. #6
    New member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    8

    Default

    I just cast my vote to the Outdoor channel. Great show! I look forward to it every week! Keep em' coming.......

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rudedog View Post
    I just cast my vote to the Outdoor channel. Great show! I look forward to it every week! Keep em' coming.......
    TKS Rudedog! Today on Outdoor Channel we float trip for moose calling in a 62' bull. It was a nice start to a long fun week. Here's the link again for leaving feedback on the show for Outdoor Channel.

    http://www.outdoorchannel.com/ShowFe...g&showId=14909
    Alaska Outdoors Television ~ Outdoor Channel

  8. #8

    Default

    BEARS, BEARS, BEARS please.

  9. #9
    Member Bullwinkle50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Thunderbird Falls
    Posts
    373

    Default

    Tdelarm,

    Your PM is full.

    Randy

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Bedrock, Alaska
    Posts
    87

    Default

    Great Show, professionally done, always appreciated.
    But, less fish, more hunts, please.

  11. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bullwinkle50 View Post
    Tdelarm,

    Your PM is full.

    Randy
    REALLY? I'll clean it out. TKs. -Tim
    Alaska Outdoors Television ~ Outdoor Channel

  12. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tdelarm View Post
    REALLY? I'll clean it out. TKs. -Tim

    WOW! Didn't realize how many PMs I missed recently. The box is cleaned out. Please try again if you had a question about any of the hunting/fishing trips we've aired and I'll help out where I can.
    Alaska Outdoors Television ~ Outdoor Channel

  13. #13
    Member blasterak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    14A
    Posts
    913

    Default

    One of my favorite shows! Glad to see it on national TV. I would like to see less fishing and more hunting though. Maybe a black bear bowhunt, bait or spot/stalk. Nonetheless an awesome show.

  14. #14
    Supporting Member bullbuster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Mean streets of Fairview
    Posts
    1,140

    Default

    I voted, keep 'em coming.

    I like how the show doesn't always turn out as planned. They don't always get the moose, the fish or bear. I'm pretty sure they did a black bear hunt on Prince William Sound.

    They visit places that I have hunted or fished, and some places I want to. To me, this is a pretty real take on Alaska outdoors. Hunting, fishing, flying, snow machines, scuba diving, or boating. They are a lot like the guys I like to play with.
    Live life and love it
    Love life and live it

  15. #15
    Member Albradley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Fairbanks,Alaska
    Posts
    482

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tdelarm View Post
    Thanks guys. Appreciate the thumbs up. There's no doubt we've made a few blunders along the way, caught some flak from a few serious duck hunters regarding our classy duck calling skills (pretty sure they were laughing at us and not with us) but for the most part its been an experience and a lot of fun. We're not trying to sell you anything fancy other than a good ole Alaskan time. If you have a chance, send Outdoor Channel your feedback and help bring the show back nationally for a second season.

    http://www.outdoorchannel.com/ShowFe...g&showId=14909

    For those in Canada the show starts April on the WildTV network.

    Thanks, and be sure to find us on Facebook for weekly updates.
    Wait so you are one of the people on the show????.....AWESOME!!!
    There's a fine line between fishing....

    and standing on the shore like an idiot! ALLEN BRADLEY-TANGLE LAKES ADVOCATE/FANBOY

  16. #16

    Default

    I liked the sheep hunt show and I will be watching the Kodiak fishing show shortly. I understand the problem with having a new hunting show on every week, this ain't Africa and the opportunities are not there. I like a fishing show as long as it's not the Kenai River during King season, talk about combat fishing! Keep up the good work and best wishes.

  17. #17

    Default

    Hey guys! (and outdoor gals ;-) Outdoor Channel is starting the 13 week re-runs for all 13 shows as of today. 9:30pm EST. First up is last summers sheep hunt. Probably the toughest hunt I've been on but the most rewarding. We're talking about doing another sheep show this year. Remember to tell everyone to watch the show, and then visit the forums here to get the best info available to put together their own hunts! OK, over and out. -Tim
    Alaska Outdoors Television ~ Outdoor Channel

  18. #18
    New member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Eagle River
    Posts
    2,022

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tdelarm View Post
    Hey guys! (and outdoor gals ;-) Outdoor Channel is starting the 13 week re-runs for all 13 shows as of today. 9:30pm EST. First up is last summers sheep hunt. Probably the toughest hunt I've been on but the most rewarding. We're talking about doing another sheep show this year. Remember to tell everyone to watch the show, and then visit the forums here to get the best info available to put together their own hunts! OK, over and out. -Tim
    Tim,
    Finaly, I was able to snag an episode of your show today while I pulled strokes on my rowing machine, and as you stated it was the sheep hunt. I have to say I really enjoyed it, none of the dramatisation BS that is so common in many of the "other" hunting programs being broadcast. It was produced in a matter of fact and honest format ( as well as only one half hour could provide) that made me feel I was there.

    Well Done ! I hope to catch more of the upcoming episodes. I also hope you get a full hour in the future, your production deserves it.

  19. #19
    Member AK Wonderer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Anchorage, AK
    Posts
    717

    Default

    I just caught the "Sheep Hunt" episode friday evening. Excellent show all the way around! The best sheep hunt I can remember seeing on tv in a long time.

    One thing I like about Alaska Outdoor Television is that half the show isn't a sales pitch for what ever ranch or guide the host is hunting with.

    I've seen 4-5 episodes and have been pleased with all of them. Nice job guys, keep up the good work.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •