Thread: Air Taxi in Dillingham

Default Air Taxi in Dillingham

I would certainly appreciate any recommendations that anyone might have on flying out of Dillingham, north to the hunting areas. I flew with Freshwater 2 years ago and they were good, but now with the new ownership, not sure. Any good referrals would certainly be appreciated.

John

Tikchik air.. Rick Is a great polit and has flown me in as far as his gas tank would alow to put me on the bou. Great service, I will use them again..

Default Rick Grant of Tikchik Adventures in Dillingham

I agree with Tickchik or Tikchik (msp??). I have them booked for fly fishing trip in Aug/Sept. I read about them in an article in Fish Alaska magazine and they come highly recommended. I have communicated with them alot in the last month or two and so far I am very impressed with them. Nice people and I am told he is a great pilot with a very well maintained Beaver and Cesna 185. Always a plus.

Go with Tikchik Airventures.....Rick is a great pilot. He and his wife run a top notch business. Have flown with him many times. His planes are immaculate. Be advised though, I think he does book up early during hunting season.

Default Other options

There are really no bad operators out here, they're all professional, courteous and safe. Rick is definitely a favorite of mine but if he is booked, Freshwater is still run by a good bunch of folks, and Tom Schlagle of Bay air does some nice work too. Have a great time.

I've used Bay Air and everything was fine. Their relative has a very nice cabin for overnight stays. There also was a commercial freezer right near by for meat storage.

Default Penn Air

Are any of those Tibbits boys still flying out of King Salmon?