Thread: Anyone use "Fluid Film".......?

Default Anyone use "Fluid Film".......?

http://fluid-film.com/

I was advised to use this product before I bury a firearm. I have never heard of it.

Default Fluid-Film?

I've worked in a lot of industries including off shore, marine, nuclear power, checmical plants, refineries, sewage treatment, pipelines etc. and I don't recall that I've seen the stuff. Doesn't mean it not good of course. I'll think I'll stick to RIG myself.

One thing to watch out for with any preservative on metal is not allowing anything to touch the weapon that could wick the preservative away.

Quote Originally Posted by AGL4now View Post
    http://fluid-film.com/

I was advised to use this product before I bury a firearm. I have never heard of it.
    Living the urban lifestyle so I can pay my way and for my family's needs, and support my country. And you?
    ".. ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country" JFK

Looks like a takeoff on Cosmoline to me but I have never used this or even seen it. We used Cosmoline for all the same uses in farming when I was a kid.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

I buy it at Thiesens Farm Supply here in Iowa. I have used it to save several muzzleloaders that were bone head owned and in a sorry way....stuck breech plugs.

Quote Originally Posted by elmerkeithclone View Post
    I buy it at Thiesens Farm Supply here in Iowa. I have used it to save several muzzleloaders that were bone head owned and in a sorry way....stuck breech plugs.
    So it's also a penetrator, not just an inhibitor?
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

I buy it at the Gear Shed in Homer. Spendy, but I like it. It will clean up rust and leave a good film. I do not think it would work alone for the bury, but might be good to coat before you would put in storage container?
    Retirement Plan - Having Fun and Still Learning

Quote Originally Posted by ADfields View Post
    So it's also a penetrator, not just an inhibitor?
    Yes Andy! I just plug the nipple hole and squirt a bunch down the bore and let it stand in the corner for a few days. It doesn't penetrate as fast as Blaster PB which is a penetrating catalyst but if your in no hurry it guts stuck stuff loose just as well.