Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Homer Winter King Tourney on 3/19

Default Homer Winter King Tourney on 3/19

Who's attending? Its being held on 3/19.

I am, and am looking forward to it.

Anyone want to meet up for either dinner and/or a cold one in Homer the evening of 3/18; the evening before the tourney?

Between the Willapa Rivers, United States

Default What's the name of that Bar ?

I'll be there................

hey! sounds good! Will have to check with my host's/adult supervision but sounds like a good idea! Homer Dave...?

Spending the night at the cabin in Little Tutka to avoid the mad rush out of Homer Harbor on Sat. morning. See Ya out there!

Default Yesterday's practice...

Practicin' for the Tournament this weekend...Great day, great fish on a squid hoochie. A little over 19 lbs...

jlking.jpg

i know where you were....
    Alaska Board of Game 2015 tour... "Kicking the can down the road"
    http://www.alaskabackcountryhunters.org/

Yup. I saw you go by with Rick & Dorle.

But really, I took that photo miles away from where I caught that fish!

;-{)

Default Beauty!

Quote Originally Posted by Cliffhanger View Post

;-{)
    Any luck with the secret (or not so secret, sorry) weapon?
    Mike
    www.coffmancoveak.com
    Prince of Wales Island

;-{)
    Either one of you got a spot for a wanna be?

Good luck. Hope you bring in some money!

Default Today's Practice...

Patrick-
    The most consistent area for winter kings has been the Point Pogibshi / Fourth of July Creek area which is south of Seldovia. The other area to try is "The Bluffs" which is the steep cliff area northwest of the Spit on the way up to Anchor Point. Start at Bluff Point and work towards Diamond Creek. I've been trolling in 80-11 feet of water with my gear at 40 feet.

Here's a shot of a 10 pounder I caught today on the way back home from my weekend at our cabin in Little Tutka.

10lb_lores.jpg

Patrick-
    The most consistent area for winter kings has been the Point Pogibshi / Fourth of July Creek area which is south of Seldovia. The other area to try is "The Bluffs" which is the steep cliff area northwest of the Spit on the way up to Anchor Point. Start at Bluff Point and work towards Diamond Creek. I've been trolling in 80-11 feet of water with my gear at 40 feet.

Here's a shot of a 10 pounder I caught today on the way back home from my weekend at our cabin in Little Tutka.

10lb_lores.jpg
    I was actually talking about a spot on your boat but I was just giving you and homerdave a hard time. We were hoping to make it down this year but just can't swing it.

I do wish you and Dave good luck though. It would be great to see a few folks I converse with here win a little money this year. So.....good luck and keep us posted.

Patrick, guess I didn't get the hint.

And GOOCH, my friend, this last little fish was caught on the secret weapon!

I'll be shooting photos ans the Chamber has asked me to make a short video on winter king fishing, so some of the tournament will make it into that video.

Nice! Told you it was a good un, a VERY small strip of herring adds scent, though you probably already do it. Nice work, too bad I can't come up for the tourney. Let me know if you need more, I am heading up to Anchorge for the show I will try to touch base with you for a trip if you have time/opeinings.
    Mike
    www.coffmancoveak.com
    Prince of Wales Island

Default I'm In.

I'll be there--but stay the hell away!

Not being unfriendly, just a warning I'm new at this saltwater boating thing. Its been nice the past few times out with no-one in the harbor to run into or make fun of my learning curve. Haven't actually run into anyone or thing yet and its getting easier with the ice thinning out. I rowed my various drift boats for years now, but the whole power thing is a little different. That said, I did christen the boat this weekend. Went out late on Saturday and got a limit of crab for those aboard, then I spent the night on the boat in the harbor and went back out sunday morning to "practice"--and pick up a few more crab. Success at both. Picked up a nice king in short order, but was the only fish of the morning.

I'll be in a white and marroon SeaSport with no name or logo on the boat. Please feel free to say howdy if you dare getting close enough.

Will
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Since the World is 2/3 Water and Only 1/3 Land, Figures the Good Lord Intended I Fish More Than I Plow.

Sounds great wildwill. Good luck and bring home some money. I'm going to live vicariously through you guys so keep the posts coming.

I'll be making the trip down tomorrow, and hopefully a few 'practice' days on the water before Saturday. Gotta shake the rust off!
    '04 Hewescraft 24' Searunner
    200hp Honda 4stroke
    + multiple other 'toys'...

Nice fish WildWill! Looking forward to running into you (not literally) out on the water Saturday.

Good luck to one and all!

Dandy fish WildWill. I recognize the land mark, but I do`nt suppose you took that picture anywhere near where you caught that fish.(grin)...FISHON

I remember seeing you out there, Will. I thought you were the guy that is in the slip next to me because he has a white and maroon Seasport, but when I got back in his boat had ice all around it so I knew he hadn't been out there.

I'm in a green Hewescraft with "Pretty Penny" in big letters on the bow. I'm not sure where I'm going to be on Sat., but I'll be out there. And I can assure you I'll be out there for the next 3 days "practicing" so if you're out there, too, and see me give me a shout.

And, BTW, very nice catch---the crabs and the king. That looks like it has to be in the upper teens or close to 20 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by wildwill View Post
    I'll be there--but stay the hell away!

Not being unfriendly, just a warning I'm new at this saltwater boating thing. Its been nice the past few times out with no-one in the harbor to run into or make fun of my learning curve. Haven't actually run into anyone or thing yet and its getting easier with the ice thinning out. I rowed my various drift boats for years now, but the whole power thing is a little different. That said, I did christen the boat this weekend. Went out late on Saturday and got a limit of crab for those aboard, then I spent the night on the boat in the harbor and went back out sunday morning to "practice"--and pick up a few more crab. Success at both. Picked up a nice king in short order, but was the only fish of the morning.

I'll be in a white and marroon SeaSport with no name or logo on the boat. Please feel free to say howdy if you dare getting close enough.

Will
    Year round saltwater fishing adventures in Homer, AK.
    http://muttleycrewfishing.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast