Thread: cotton candy

Default cotton candy

Has anyone ever looked into this Im thinking of duying this

Default No but

I wonder if there's a way to make some and then mixit in with bread or popcorn I bet that would work great. I doubt you could get it wet so your drum would have to be upright. Although I did have a pile of soggy nasty looking popcorn on the ground last year and they didn't seem to have a problem eating it.

Cotton candy is basically white sugar, a little flavor, and air. The cost to make cotton candy is minimal and much, much cheaper than popcorn (or any other bait source) but once you introduce heat, moisture or water, it's basically ruined. The other problem with cotton candy as a bait source is it compresses way to easily - one scoop in the drum by a bear paw and you'll compress/destroy most of your bait. It also dispenses in larger pieces and is harder to dispense (compared to popcorn for example). The colder and dryer the climate, the longer the cotton candy will last. IMO using cotton candy as a primary, trustworthy and affordable bait would be a poor decision. That said, I'm thinking of making individual bags and put them out on days/weekends when I know there will be no rain around my bait site to set-up specific shot's. A friend has a commercial machine he said I can borrow if I wanted to give it a try.
    "He should have been packing a more powerful gun...you have to be a very good shot or very lucky to stop a brown bear with a .357 Magnum." - Rick Sinnott, Alaska Department of Fish and Game biologist after a double attack by a grizzly.

make us so cotton candy alaskaoutdoors
    Do I give my friends advice? Jesus, no. They wouldn't take advice from me. Nobody should take advice from me. I haven't got a clue about anything..

LMAO Mike; I figured you may be interested. You know, using it may just keep you out of my jumbo marshmallow bag this year. Just kidding; we have more than enough marshmallow's - if you use them just remember to leave me a few this year.

I'll put in some calls about using the machine for the baiting season.. I think my friend expects my call anyway.. we've talked about it quite a bit.

Skybust - if everything works out I can get you a few dozen bags to try out on your baitsite.
    "He should have been packing a more powerful gun...you have to be a very good shot or very lucky to stop a brown bear with a .357 Magnum." - Rick Sinnott, Alaska Department of Fish and Game biologist after a double attack by a grizzly.

Sounds good thanks