Thread: Fairbanks and surrounding areas

Default Fairbanks and surrounding areas

Hey All I live in fairbanks but it occured to me that besides going out behind the airport for burbot I dont really fish near fairbanks so If you know of any places near town for catch and keep fishing let me know I dont really care which species as long as its not musty old boots(Salmon) fishing in the chena.Thank you...Oh and I am still trying to get a fishing buddies list going so if anyone wants to either have me tag along or join me in a fishing trip this summer PM me.
    There's a fine line between fishing....

and standing on the shore like an idiot! ALLEN BRADLEY-TANGLE LAKES ADVOCATE/FANBOY

there's some stocked lakes around check with ADF&G for a list
    I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.

Yeah the chena is mostly grayling which is catch and release. We get salmon at the very end of the run and they are pretty inedible at that point. There are some pike in the chena but not enough to target them and have alot of success In the past 5 years of fishing the Chena I have caught 4 pike ever and that was fishing nearly everyday in the summers. You can go down to birch lake or harding for a little more variety but I wouldn't consider that Fairbanks area as it is almost an hour drive. Chena lakes is stocked but I have never caught anything worth keeping in there. At Twin bears camp they stock rainbows some of which get pretty big but that "lake" is more of a pond it is pretty tiny.

thanks all for the advice.
    There's a fine line between fishing....

and standing on the shore like an idiot! ALLEN BRADLEY-TANGLE LAKES ADVOCATE/FANBOY