Thread: Vermicomposting/Red Wigglers

Default Vermicomposting/Red Wigglers

Anyone know of any suppliers for red wigglers here in the Fairbanks area? All the people/contacts I had have stopped for one reason or another. I had a mass die off about 2 weeks ago and need to get my worm population back up. May have to order some online, but would like to go locally if possible so I can take a look at their worms before I buy.

Thanks in advance.

I don't know anyone up there, but if you get down around Anchorage or Soldotna I have some connections.
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,
    Teach a man to fish and he'll also learn to drink, lie, and avoid the honey do list.

well, as a matter of fact, I should be in anchorage next week for a couple of days. I would like to buy a pound or two if you know someone who can sell that many.

Guess I spoke to soon, my Anchorage connection is tapped out right now. I did see someone on craigslist (farm and garden section) yesterday in Anchorage advertising worms.
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,
    Teach a man to fish and he'll also learn to drink, lie, and avoid the honey do list.

thanks anyways...I'll look on there. there wasn't any on there when I looked, but I will take a look now

Alaska mill and feed sell them I saw some yesterday when I was there. I don't know if they sell by pound they had little cups on the shelf. You could call and ask.

Thanks alaskamokaiman. I will give them a call and see what I can find out. Usually when they sell them in those little cups, you don't get many and they charge a good amount compared to what I can mail order a pound or two for...but it is a thought, and I will call them tomorrow to find out. Never hurts to call and ask.

If you don't find them locally check out this site:

http://www.gardenworms.com/1000-red-...FQOt7QodQ25OEA
    It ain't about the # of pounds of meat we bring back, nor about how much we spent to go do it. Its about seeing what no one else sees.

http://wouldieatitagainfoodblog.blogspot.com/

Look at craigslist there are some there today

thanks alaskamokaiman...I just looked but the only ones I saw on craigslist in either fairbanks or anchorage were the ones from Mar. 9. I have e-mailed them twice, but haven't gotten a response either time. I may just have to mail order them. Was hoping to avoid that and just buy locally though.