Thread: Area 1-5 baiting rule

Default Area 1-5 baiting rule

I see in areas 1-5 to now regester a bait station for blackies you have to give GPS numbers for the bait stand.Hopefully this well help out some,then agian folks like cabelas may have a run on gps gear.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Quote Originally Posted by Amigo Will View Post
    I see in areas 1-5 to now regester a bait station for blackies you have to give GPS numbers for the bait stand.Hopefully this well help out some,then agian folks like cabelas may have a run on gps gear.
    lol, well amigo, i think you and i know at least two people from 1 that are gonna be piiiiiiiiiiisssssssssssssed bout that one!

Yep I never had bait stations in Haines but I did have bird feeders full of bacon grease for the Jays and Magpies.I guess in a way the state is makeing hunting a high tech deal
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Where did you see this/where can this be found? I can't find it in the regs.

I just looked back through the regs and I don't see it. There are other ways to get grid coordinates other than a GPS though. Some of you may remember this thing we use to have called topographic maps.
    "...arms like laws discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe...Horrid mischief would ensue were the good deprived of the use of them." -Thomas Paine

I noticed two pages of changes hanging out of a rules book at the shop.The changes are printed on yellow paper and you should be able to find them where ever you pick up your regs book,first set I got didn't have the changes stuck inside.

Well I talked to fish and game today and they do not anything about it. From what you describe they say it sounds like you were looking at proposal info sheet.

Chapter 92,Article 3
    5AAC 92.044(b) is amended by adding a new subsection to read; As I said above, GPS format

Authority AS 16.05.255 AS 16.05.330

Looks official and F&G is who but it in the new regs book

Looks official and F&G is who but it in the new regs book[/QUOTE]

Its funny you have got the paper work that says that and the overpayed desk jockies have no idea. Now thats funny. Glad my yearly donations to them is paying off.

Been baiting in unit 16 for a while now and have always had to give GPS locations. This way the troopers running up and down the river will have a good idea of where to stop and jump off to take a look and make sure you're doing nothing you're not suppose to be.

Talked to a different desk jockey today F&G. Amigo Will is correct. This is F&Gs response as to why, "As a disincentive because you have to go out prior to putting out a bait making hunters go twice before they can hunt" AST was a big proponent of this.

Thats a real bummer. We already have to have all our traps tagged down here. What's next? Lat & Long for all my wolf, marten and mink sets too!