Thread: Hyde Power Drifter?

Default Hyde Power Drifter?

Saw that Hyde now offers a driftboat "designed" to use an outboard motor
    (not just "capable" of having a motor mounted on the back).

http://hydeoutdoors.com/boat/models/...rdrifter.shtml

What do you think of this Power Drifter for Alaska? (Kenai, etc.)

I like the idea of only needing one vehicle:
    launch, motor upstream, then fish & drift back to the truck.

I have seen 1 on the upper this year...Dont know if it was a hyde.....Im no expert....Cat rower and drift boat owner....Bridge to jims or sportmans to jims....No problem.....Mid river you bet.....crossing skilak to the canyon mouth awesome....I would have 2nd thoughts about running it down the canyon....With the flat back it barges it a bit....not saying it cant be done but they one I watched this year looked hard to move on the sticks......I could type alot here but if you want to hear my thoughts just give me a call...230-0242.....It is a sweet boat dont get me wrong....Depending on what you want to do...Even on the upper....the one I saw did not "move" like drifters, cats, or round boats...... Just my .02 though....

Chuck

Plus Im just thinking kenai type here.....it might work in the su or other places i dont know... I know in the fall my drifter will motor back up the kenai to the holes again...not on step or anything but it will....like I said...If you want to chat give me a call.....Plus if you buy one...id love to see it work
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

I got one being built at Hyde right now, so I can give you a better idea after it gets here. All I care about for the section of Kenai I fish is that I can slow the boat down and slip left/right with sticks. I don't know that these boats are upper Kenai/canyon boats.
    "The Tug is the Drug"

Hey 'gloom,

Did ya get your Hyde Power Drifter yet?
    Like to hear how it's working out?

Thanx, Dave.

BluNosDav, I did get my boat and I am very pleased with how it performs. I had them build this boat with a 66" wide floor instead of
    the standard 54" and I believe that has proven to have been a smart move. It has plenty of room for 3 people (2 fishing and one
    rowing). I converted my 50hp Yamaha off of my predator from a prop to a jet, the jet with the tunnel hull is really nice in the low
    water spots.

As for rowing it, I am super happy with what it will do. Slow it down, hold it, work left to right, it all works.

All in all very pleased with the boat.
    "The Tug is the Drug"