Thread: kenai caribou

Default kenai caribou

drew dc-001 hunt anyone hunt this before

Quote Originally Posted by cromagnum1 View Post
    drew dc-001 hunt anyone hunt this before
    There is a lot of information on the forum about that hunt. Best way would be to do a quick search for both Kenai Caribou and for DC001. Definitely a hard hunt. If you are successful, you have darn well earned it, that's for sure.

drew the tag 3 years ago and wow was it a butt whooping. Mostly due to the lack of planning on my side but the hunting trip turned into a good camping trip lol. But after i accepted defeat i was on the way out and passed a fish and game officer that told me to go in on the Hope side of the area mainly because you can drive pretty much all the way to the treeline then get started with your trek into the mountians. Good Luck

Quote Originally Posted by NC Hunter View Post
    drew the tag 3 years ago and wow was it a butt whooping. Mostly due to the lack of planning on my side but the hunting trip turned into a good camping trip lol. But after i accepted defeat i was on the way out and passed a fish and game officer that told me to go in on the Hope side of the area mainly because you can drive pretty much all the way to the treeline then get started with your trek into the mountians. Good Luck
    Side bar - what part of NC? I'm on Rich and from NC.