Thread: 9 Mile Opened up Today

Default 9 Mile Opened up Today

9 Mile Open fish spotted under the bridge(theres always fish under the bridge) who's gonna be the first of hundreds to harass them. My guess is Mayor Mallot, that's the report from my guy on the ground who plowed the road today. They're ready for the sporties to invade town, and bring their money.

Unless he is totally f ing with me so I buy a ticket this week!

wish i was going down there this year.

Looks like Bob from the Situk fly shop posted today confirming my report that yes the road is open

The roads are open, but the river isn't, still frozen over. The Mayor's last name is Stone, Dave Stone. I don't think he has an ice auger, but he will have them named by the time you get there. No reports on the log jams yet either. I might go down to cut it out next week, or when ever the water is flowing. I will report back!

Wish I could send you some of our rain. Nor Cal has been getting slammed this year. Hopefully all will be thawed out soon. We will be up in a month or so.

Warm today. Lots of melting going on in town. Roads are slushy, feels like Break-up.

Great news! Thanks

Well it's official the river is ice free enough to float and fish it! I have not been down to see what the wood situation is, nor have I heard from the bsuh pilots as to the logs. But the river and roads are open!
    Good Luck & Have Fun, See ya when you get here!!

Looking forward to some fishing reports. We are finally thawing out down here too. Look forward to getting up there this spring. Can't wait.

Water flow is pretty low according to the graph on usgs site. In fact the water level is tied with the all time record low for this date of a whooping 32. Normal flow this time of year is around 160 so... Cannot imagine that very many steelhead are in the river with this water level and the ones that were/are there have to be easy prey for the otters. My thought is to wait for a little rain to bring the river up and to bring fresh fish in as well. Easy to say but it does have that spring feel to things around these parts.

Raining and melting today, and calling for more rain tomorrow. Very Springlike. The river doesn't sound like it's too much of a mess with trees. Planning on a trip to cut it out. Low water keeps it safer. We had less water last September... Not too sure about the fish, but I will keep you posted.