Thread: Savage Model 112V-26 inch barrel.S/S.

Red face Savage Model 112V-26 inch barrel.S/S.

Does anyone have any advice or concerns regarding this brand or model of rifle or it's shooting abilities..??? Am considering it in a 300 Win Mag. for moose and elk...weight will not be an issue...as we can usually quad or drive fairly close to camp...could a Savage be as good as a Sendero for considerably less money..?????

Boomer.

I had a stainless steel savage in 22-250. It was a great gun, but meant for shooting prairie dogs and targets. Tried taking it calling coyotes and my arms got tired from hauling it 1/4 mile.

It was a quality gun that was very accurate. I would put it up against the Sendero anyday.

You won't find a better deal than a Savage.

thanks for the sage advice...hopefully i can get in a 300 win mag...

Hey Boomer.
    I honestly have no experience with Sendero. As for Savage, I have 4, including a 300 w.m. They lack somewhat in the smothness of the action, and the stock is not the nicest. But they are all tack drivers with a sweet adjustable crisp trigger. The price is a nice plus. I have absolutely no regrets.
    Good Hunting!

Default savage..

Seems like a done deal then.and thanks for the help..

Since the cost of the rifle is a concern I would say get it. I would go with the Sendero personally but I have owned a Savage in 25-06 and it was a shooter! But a Savage is not a Remington by any stretch of the imagination...

- Clint

I agree totally with Alaskacajun. I have owned and still own both savage and remington. Both are good rifles, and if needed would buy either one again. The savage is a good rifle but it is not the quality of the remington.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Cast Iron View Post
    I agree totally with Alaskacajun. I have owned and still own both savage and remington. Both are good rifles, and if needed would buy either one again. The savage is a good rifle but it is not the quality of the remington.

That model 12v in a 26 could /should shoot less that one minute?????

Boomer