Thread: Where to go for some small game hunting and ice fishing for weekend trip????

Thumbs up Where to go for some small game hunting and ice fishing for weekend trip????

Im planning on going on a weekend trip soon with a few buddies, i am looking for any suggestions on where to go to find some small game and hopefully drill a couple holes and kill a couple fish. Let me know if you have any ideas.
    Thanks

I would try the Kill zone. Seems to be a killer place for a killer time. HEH

Thanks Dan that was a lot of useful information, you should be a comedian. Your God **** hilarious.

Killer,
    Seeing you are new to the forum you may not know that folks don't just throw out information on where to go on here. In general maybe, but certainly not specific. The hunters on this forum have spent many years learning where to go and as Alaska's population has grown have been crowded out of places they have shared being helpful. You do not say where you are at so even if someone wanted to suggest something, no place to start from. Hopefully you won't take some constructive criticism the wrong way but your chosen forum name is frankly not going to draw you much favor here. Most of us are hunters, not "killers," there is a difference. There are however, plenty of hunters on here that are wiling to help out someone new to the area with a private message once they get a feel for who you are and how you conduct yourself. Again, nothing personal but that is just the way it is.

Try the rivers in spring, ight when the ice is breaking up, there are some MASSIVE rainbows in there, ususaly quite a few rabbits squirrels and grouse too.

Swanson Lake area, lots of lakes. I've been told there lots of hare. Don't know how good the access is, but if I was going somewhere I'd go there.
    I may be slow, but I get where I'm going!

if you can find a shallow creek, running into a small lake, maybe a beaver dam or 2, and o out there in the spring, you can get some big dang freshwater muscles too. me and my brother were out camping this spring and found some nice muscles, biggest was 6 inches across. MMMMMM yummy

Well said sameyer, I just dont have the knack for words like you and get easily dismayed at certain "handles". Ive been here 40 years and have alot of places I hunt and fish that im not willing to share. Ive worked for my info, I also keep notes on places that look promising for future outings.While out busting brush to get to areas I fish I keep notice if im seeing lots of grouse or rabbit droppings in the summer, so come fall time I can return to these areas. Good Luck.