Thread: AK Nimrod Celebration of Life 3/11/11

Default AK Nimrod Celebration of Life 3/11/11

Just a reminder, everyone is welcome...Pat's family is having a celebration of Ak Nimrod's life this Friday in Soldotna. It will be very informal and will run from around 2PM to 8PM. Attire is to be Camo or Red if possible. They are going to have a semi pot luck with Alaskan fish/game to be front and center. Feel free to bring a dish if you like, but it is not required to attend. There are sure to be lots of "stories" to be shared and more than a few surprises I am sure. I hope to see you at The Soldotna Recreation Center this Friday.
    "...and then Jack chopped down the beanstock, adding murder and ecological vandalism to the theft, enticement and vandalism charges already mentioned, but he got away with it and lived happily ever after without so much as a guilty twinge about what he had done. Which proves that you can be excused just about anything if you're a hero, because no one asks the inconvenient questions." Terry Pratchett's The Hogfather

Wish I could make it but I'm on a southbound plane out of Alaska then. Our best goes out to all of you guys, both family and friends. Still hard to believe he is no longer with us.

A very good buddy of mine has a business called Alaska Rut Works. A percentage of their money goes to cancer societies and research. The reason, he's a survivor himself. There was a cancer benefit in Anchorage right after Pat passed away and my buddy helped orchestrate an auction for a Kansas trophy whitetail hunt in Pat's honor at that banquet. It was quite the turnout and successful. Pat is gone, but he will not be forgotten. As you can see, Pat touched quite a few folks elsewhere, not just the people on this forum. I'll be on the slope till the 22nd, so I cannot attend either. I'd sure like to though. I'd love to hear some of the stories. Best of luck to all.