Thread: Wooldridge Classic?

Default Wooldridge Classic?

Just want some opinons on an older wooly classic. I don't know alot about them but it is a 21' w/ a kodiac 350. Will it make a good river boat and what might the down sides be to this boat? I live in Delta so waterways in the area would be my primary use. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by JCon View Post
    Just want some opinons on an older wooly classic. I don't know alot about them but it is a 21' w/ a kodiac 350. Will it make a good river boat and what might the down sides be to this boat? I live in Delta so waterways in the area would be my primary use. Thanks.
    I know it would hard to be their customer service. I sent Glen Wooldridge an email with a concern on my 6 year old Alaskan II and recieved a phone call from him the same day. Every Wolly I have ever seen was rock solid and they command a high resell price. Good luck in your research.

Steve
    "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"
    Founding Member
    http://www.residenthuntersofalaska.org/

Wasilla, behind 3 Bears on the Palmer Wasilla Hwy

Wooldridge Classics are great boats mostly. Mine is the 22' Deeper V Classic wide bottom 72" with a 454 and Kodiak 3 stage. The best thing is the very predictable handling. In my experience the boat will never do anything unexpected. For example, when you go into a turn it will carve around to a point where you can feel the backend start to slide and then depending on what you need to do, you can hold that edge, kick the backout into a slide for a sharper turn, or slide then go back to carve, or turn in hard and fast and spin 180. The only problem I have is the amount water needed to just float. Wider bottoms will float in less water and sometimes that is a big deal, but not often.

The boat if it is a 21 is most likely a straight 12 degree hull,6ft bottom great boat for the rivers but if you do much salt water fishing you may want to find one like Barry's, the red one in the post above a 22ft with an 18 degree bow and 12 degree in the rear, it will ride much better in the rough water. They are great boats, should do great in your area for the rivers. What year is it? Does it have the 3 piece windshield or a 2 piece if it is an 1982 or newer most likely it has the 2 piece.

Bigger rivers in your area (Tanana/Delta/Goodpaster/etc) would be great in... you can get around on the Delta Clearwater with a boat that size but it's pretty dang big and you'll make for quite the wake, sluicing the bank, making folks in canoes or wading/fishing, etc a little nervous. Sneaking up to George Lake is doable if you know what you're doing and time it right for vegetation/etc. It would be an outstanding rig for dipping on the Copper. You won't find a better built hull than that.

They are great boats I had one then sold it only because of the size and my ability couldnt get it to the cabin skinny water they are built like tanks

Tahnks for the input guys, once I pick it up I post some pics. Would anyone recomend putting carpet in or not also think I will put 2 bench seats over the fuel tank it has dual 40 tanks.

Carpet? NO!
    Tennessee

Tahnks for the input guys, once I pick it up I post some pics. Would anyone recomend putting carpet in or not also think I will put 2 bench seats over the fuel tank it has dual 40 tanks.
    I am looking at adding a couple seats there, too, or maybe removables on the engine cover. Let me know how it goes.

Carpet would be a nice touch with the fuzzy dice on the window though....

You will not like carpet its a pain in the @ss when it come to keeping it clean and always seems to be wet no matter what just my opion

The carpet I have in mine is not like real carpet and stays dry. That being said, I wouldn't go out of my way to put it in.

Good points fella's. Maybe carpet the sides and rihno line the bottom.

The Wooly "Classic is built tough for sure. The raised bow does well in big water and the boat can haul a serious load. Carpet......hmm, one advantage to carpet would be to cut down on vibration and to hang fishing lures from while in a hurry!