Thread: ABA banquet

Default ABA banquet

I want to say thank you to all that attended. It was a
    Another great banquet . It was great seeing old friends.

And not to forget to all our donors. Without them this would be possible

Mark (Wiggy's ) thank you for helping us out
    With a great at the last Minute!!!!
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Default Great Time!!

Awesome food and stories! It was great to meet a lot of great people and talk about bowhunting - all while raising money for a great cause!

My wife has a blast! She's stil holding out hope for a door prize...

Default Nice Event!

Drove up From Moose Pass and really enjoyed the evening. I got to visit with Mr. Nelson for a few minutes, and he seems like a great guy. We'll attend again next year if you promise I'll win something. I should have keep bidding on the raft rental, the buyer got one heck of a deal!

Did anyone compile the results of the auction(s)? I am mostly interested in how much the Delta Bison was auctioned for, but if the others were available that would be great too!

Default Bison Tag

The Bison Tag went for $6500...I have the others written down at home. Musk Ox went for $3100 I think.

Your welcome, Alaska Gray, and pleased to meet you.

Wish I could have attended, but had company in town that I couldn't ignore.

Maybe next year!

Taylor

-[]--------->

Thanks Spartan--gotta start saving more pennies or get luckier in the draws!

It was my first ABA banquet . . . I really enjoyed it. Thanks for all who worked to make it a success.

The bows for the kids was a nice touch.

I'll be back . . .

I enjoyed the ABA Banquet this year and I think I prefer the Sheraton location too. The memorial for Pat McCabe was very nice. I got a kick out of Tom Nelson speaking on hunting camp horrors and bad partners. As I listen to him I became aware that in my life I have had by far more good partners in the field, than bad. In fact I can only think of two guys I would never consider going out with again. If I had felt better (dang flu) I would have loved to talk with Mr. Nelson about some of the "great" hunting partner we can have :-) The auction went great, but again I was quite amused at how little out auctioneer knew about archery...but he tried hard and he is a hunter as well...now we just got to get him into a bow (not the tie either). Thanks ABA
    "...and then Jack chopped down the beanstock, adding murder and ecological vandalism to the theft, enticement and vandalism charges already mentioned, but he got away with it and lived happily ever after without so much as a guilty twinge about what he had done. Which proves that you can be excused just about anything if you're a hero, because no one asks the inconvenient questions." Terry Pratchett's The Hogfather