Thread: New member with a Sea Sport question

Default New member with a Sea Sport question

Hello, new member from N CA here with a Sea Sport question. I recently acquired a 21ft Sea Sport cuddy cabin (very lucky find) and was wondering if anyone here may know a little more about it, it doesnít have the pilot house look at all, but the hull looks just like the express. It's a fishing model, full nonskid deck, fish boxes, etc...
    I didnít even know it was a SS until I ran the HIN. Any help really appreciated.

Why don't you attach some pictures, lot's of SeaSport owners on this forum, a picture could get you some good responses...

Don't think I can attach a pic...

Quote Originally Posted by kojo View Post
    Don't think I can attach a pic...
    Kojo...here you go http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...sting-Pictures

The photobucket option is best once you get it set up, but the other one works fine, is what most people use.

Thanks cap'n Ron, took the easy way out and added a pic to my profile album. Can't figure out the link you sent, I'll work on photo bucket

Last edited by LuJon; 03-07-2011 at 09:39. Reason: Moderator magic ;)

I think you need a few more posts in order to post pictues. I think the magic number is 10. I also tried to find your rig under you user profile and couldn't find it.

... it's in my profile photo album. Maybe I'll just have to repost after a few more posts. Gotta say, some of the pics on here are pretty cool, the scenery is amazing and the fishing looks awesome!!

Thanks LuJon. Yes, moderator magic is cool stuff

Could be wrong, but I don't think that boat was built by the same SeaSport (one word) that was located in Bellingham and built the pilot house boats. I believe there's another manufacturer that goes by Sea Sport (two words), and my guess is that's what you've got.

The HIN shows Seasport, WA State, the 2 words was me... The build tag and title both read Wright Bros Manuf, Bellingham WA. It's a 1982 and I think it's right around the time when the merge with Seasport happened?? Thats whats been throwing me off, haven't seen another like it at all and I've searched the web as best I could...

I've got a SeaSport, and I've seen lots of SeaSports in my time, but never one that looks like yours. OTOH, I'm not really sure what they were building in 1982, and if you've got documents showing it was built in Bellingham by the Wright Bros., then that pretty much settles it.

If you want more info about the boat, you might think about contacting Triton Marine. These folks used to be SeaSport, and someone there might know something about your boat.

http://www.tritonmarineindustries.com/

There is an ad in the Bellingham Craigslist for a same style of boat, The ad calls it a Seasport "Lopez" model, 1988 20ft. The photo in that ad sure looks like a Seasport hull with different topsides/cabin. DB
    Last edited by AKdaves; 03-09-2011 at 07:19. Reason: wrong city

Looks just like mine but cleaner. Thanks for the tip on Triton Marine, I'll see what I can dig up.

Just talked to Triton Marine, on the phone with a guy that worked for Seasport in the 80's. From what he can remember they built a limited production of the "Lopez" cuddy cabin, a few other versions too, mostly 18-20', the 21' cuddy was a modified version to test the market. Production stopped several years later as the design didn't really suite the PNW and the models that they were already building.
    Kinda nice getting a little history on the line.

Glad your boat turned out to be one of the Bellingham SeaSports. Should be a good boat. The other "Sea Sports" don't have a very good reputation as far as I can tell.

Yes me too. I'm glad I made the buy, was looking for a slightly bigger boat than what I had to fish outside of the Golden Gate. I feel much better taking this out based on what I've read about the Seasport products.

Thanks again to you all for all the help