Thread: bed side table

Default bed side table

I replaced all of my all double-pane wood-frame upstairs windows last summer. I cased and trimmed the new ones in birch. They turned out very nice, but I had some small pieces left over. Normally, I'm a little obsessive about not keeping stuff laying around and getting rid of it rather than letting it pile up. That doesn't apply to building materials, however. I did some scrounging around and found some slate tile that I didn't even realize I had. I ended up using all kinds of left overs and scraps to build this little table. The splines on the corners of the table top are walnut. The underlay material for the top is a piece of cherry plywood I had left over from about 10 years ago when I built a dining table. It wasn't really big enough for anything else, but worked fine for this project.
    I still had a little bit of birch and walnut left after finishing the table. I'm in the process of making a couple of chess/checkers boards with it. I'll post pics of those when they're done.

slate top birch table.jpg
    We are right to take alarm at the first experiment upon our liberties.
    James Madison

Real nice and the price was right!I really like birch,it's a very beautiful wood.I've a big stack I milled up with my chainsaw mill and can't hardly wait untill it's dry enough to build with.Did you get your birch at Surperior Hardwoods?

Yep, I got it at Superior. I try not to go in there very often, though. Every time I do I come up with all kinds of great ideas for things I know I'll never have time to build.
    We are right to take alarm at the first experiment upon our liberties.
    James Madison