Thread: Raymarine tech?

Default Raymarine tech?

Anybody know who works on Raymarine electronics, preferably in Anchorage? Our GPS/radar/depth sounder unit stopped transmitting the depth at the end of last year and I haven't been able to figure it out.

Thanks!
    Chris

Go to the Post office, get Express Mail box, insert unit, sent to Raymarine Product repair center; 21 Manchester Street, Merrimack, New Hampshire 03054 The totol cost to ship is $14.95, They will repair and Fed EX it back to you, Include your phone number and email address. I did this 2 weeks ago and my unit is on the way back prepaid freight. Excellent service.

Yep, mail it away. I believe West Marine on Dimond would do the same thing, that's the story I got when I bought some Ray stuff awhile back and asked about who fixes it if it breaks.

Would also add to make sure your have a capable power source. I thought I had a faulty Ray Marine depth finder as it would give false readings, and sometimes cycle on and off. Several people told me the newer electronics were very specific as far as the correct volts needed to operate them.
    Switched out the batteries in the boat for Sears AGM's and all the depth finder problems disappeared.
    Tennessee