Thread: Galley stove questions

Default Galley stove questions

New Coho Offshore should be done in July. Choosing galley stove. Wife really wants an oven. Builder not keen on ovens, "not well insulated, get hot, fire hazard". Well, what to think of that? Certainly want a two burner cook top.....propane best? Alcohol just not the ticket. Diesel? Brands? Anybody a fan of the gunwale-mount gas grills? Would value your input. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by petrophobe View Post
    New Coho Offshore should be done in July. Choosing galley stove. Wife really wants an oven. Builder not keen on ovens, "not well insulated, get hot, fire hazard". Well, what to think of that? Certainly want a two burner cook top.....propane best? Alcohol just not the ticket. Diesel? Brands? Anybody a fan of the gunwale-mount gas grills? Would value your input. Thanks
    Interesting since the builder has a wallas oven in his own boat...
    Last edited by Brian M; 03-16-2011 at 22:27.
    Spending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

http://www.go2marine.com/product.do?no=20006F has the Dickinson Bristol on sale for $1,323. This is the stove I have and can't say enough good about it. although compact, it has a decent size stove top, nice little oven and uses next to no fuel. As long as it is installed with the suggested clearances, I don't believe there is much of a fire hazard. Oh yeah, throws plenty of heat for the cabin too.

The Wallas stoves are nice, we have one installed in our boat & use it all the time {no problems}. One quick phone call to Scan Marine in Seattle {his previous vendor} 206-285-3675 & your questions should get answered?

Good luck,

Last edited by Brian M; 03-16-2011 at 22:28.

Quote Originally Posted by spoiled one View Post
    Interesting since the builder has a wallas oven in his own boat...
    I have and always will recommend wallas stove and ovens. Not sure who petrophobe is but he is very confused.
    Last edited by Brian M; 03-16-2011 at 22:28.

My vote is the Wallas, call Scan Marine and Bruce will take care of all your questions.

If you are actually look for comments regarding the wallas stove and oven I have the wallas stove as well as the oven. They are spendy, but essential for our family. Why rough it if you don't have to?

Last edited by Brian M; 03-16-2011 at 22:30.

Petro, how long have you been waiting for you boat, and what is the size and can you post some pics of your build?
    Im just wondering.

Oh & before I forget, you are more than welcome to call me anytime w/ any questions that you may have about your upcoming boat that's scheduled to be completed in July. Just call the boat shop & ask the business owner, I'm sure he wouldn't mind providing ya my name & contact # as a reference, since I just took delivery of my boat last July.
    Last edited by Brian M; 03-16-2011 at 22:31.

Default brussel Sprouts

Quote Originally Posted by spoiled one View Post
    If you are actually look for comments regarding the wallas stove and oven I have the wallas stove as well as the oven. They are spendy, but essential for our family. Why rough it if you don't have to?

Brussel Sprouts is roughing it if you ask me
    Last edited by Brian M; 03-16-2011 at 22:31.
    What-a-Day
    27' x 9.5' Glacier Craft - Volvo 300hp D4 Diesel
    Remember: Any fool can be uncomfortable.
    Denny

Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy View Post
    Petro, how long have you been waiting for you boat, and what is the size and can you post some pics of your build?
    Im just wondering.
    I was lucky enough to pick up a GC order that had been in the hopper for a while, but the original person got deployed and had to give it up. Coho supposed to hit the jig this month then into the cradle. My understanding is 18 mo to 2 yrs for a new order. Someone remarked that their boat was about 6 weeks behind at one point.

I was lucky enough to pick up a GC order that had been in the hopper for a while, but the original person got deployed and had to give it up. Coho supposed to hit the jig this month then into the cradle. My understanding is 18 mo to 2 yrs for a new order. Someone remarked that their boat was about 6 weeks behind at one point.
    Gotcha. Mine was 2.5 years and I took delivery in 2008. Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by dtol View Post
    Brussel Sprouts is roughing it if you ask me

We have to have our fiber, right?

26' x 9' Coho offshore. No pics yet, it's probably just a stack of aluminum sheets.
    The GC website has tons of build pictures but working the picture gallery on our Mac seems chaotic - webmaster might need to spruce it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Glaciercraft View Post
    Not sure who petrophobe is but he is very confused.
    It should be easy to figure out. He is the guy schedule for his boat to be delivered in July...

The one down side of having an oven is reduced cabinet space. I don't have one, but those that do have one seem to like having them on board. As for the cooktop, I really like propane. It is like natural gas at home -- instant heat, instant adjustment, and off to cold right away when you are done.
    2009 Seawolf 31'
    www.seawolfmarine.com
    Fully Loaded

I know of several of the older GC that had major problems with there electronics and battery systems not being put together property. Are the new boat problem free or do they still having problem?