Thread: Snow machining in Anchorage?

Default Snow machining in Anchorage?

So I'm headed to Anchorage from 12-19 March on block leave. I will be spending a few of those days in Alyeska, skiing and seeing what else they have to offer. Anyway, I'm wondering if anyone can tell me of a good place to do a 2 hour-ish snow machine tour for a decent price (under $150 per adult) in or around Anchorage or Alyeska? Looking for a nice scenic tour in that area. Suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I don't think you'll find anything close to Anchorage at this time. I know that there were some tours going to Spencer glacier, but that area is closed due to the lack of snow. I know in Petersville they offer tours (google Gate Creek Cabins).
    Price - you're usually looking at $200+ for a guided tour.

There is an outfit doing tours out of Girdwood. I believe they are taking people up to Crow Creek mine. Can't remember the name and I don't know the price but I am certain they are operating right now.

Quote Originally Posted by NRick View Post
    There is an outfit doing tours out of Girdwood. I believe they are taking people up to Crow Creek mine. Can't remember the name and I don't know the price but I am certain they are operating right now.
    Didn't know people could legally ride there... Or is it private property?

I believe it is private property that the tour outfit has permission to ride on.