Thread: Saitaris - 4 man bomber tent from Hilleberg

Default Saitaris - 4 man bomber tent from Hilleberg

Check out this 4 man "base camp" style bomber tent. It looks like a 4 Man Saivo with a GT type vestibule. I think it came out in 2010? Anyone ever seen one in person?

Palmer, AK

It looks slick but I don't see where it really fills a necessary niche. The tent body is bomber but the vestibule doesn't look any stronger than a Nallo GT. I don't see it surviving any stronger winds than a Nallo GT unless it is pitched carefully into the wind. Even with the bomber main tent if that vestibule fails it would be like a giant sail and I don't see the rest of the tent holding up to a "sail" that size. I guess I don't get the idea of putting a weaker vestibule on a bomber tent body.

I like it!! If I was going to go back to Hilleberg I would go freestanding for sure as the only time I would really need the 4 season tent would be winter camping and what not and that is where I found the nallo tunnel tent a bit lacking was under snow load. Granted the vestibule may sag some still, but I am glad to see they combined the huge vestibule with a free standing tent for winter uses. Pretty nice for sure.

Wow, I realize that we're talking a base camp tent, but that weight is formidable, as is the price...

• Weight: 12 lbs 2 oz (5.5 kg) minimum; 14 lbs 2 oz (6.4 kg) packed
    • Height: 49" (125 cm)
    • Area: 53.4 sq ft, inner tent; 30 sq ft + 15 sq ft, vestibules
    • MSRP: $1,295
    Proud to be an American!