Thread: Crossing the Mclaren River

Default Crossing the Mclaren River

Anyone have any experience(s) crossing the Mclaren in an amphibious rig, i.e. Argo?

I have seen an Argo cross a slow (2-3 mph river) that was about 60 yards wide and it was kinda sketchy. They had a guy drive across in a zodiac with a LOT of long rope and the other end was tied to the Argo. Once across on the zodiac he tied the rope off to a stump. Then the argo dropped into the slow creek. In that 60 yards across the argo was so slow getting across that it floated down until it was tight on the rope and facing upstream next to the far bank. The guy that drove the zodiac across helped pull him up stream and the guy in the argo had it maxed out.

IME the MacClaren is moving considerably fast than 2-3 MPH in most places so this may add to the degree of sketch factor That and coupled with the fact that if you are hunting north of the bridge and go from the east side of the river to the west you will be in CWCUA where you are not allowed to use motorized vehilce while hunting. Down river would be ok of course though.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by alaska_lanche View Post
    that and coupled with the fact that if you are hunting north of the bridge and go from the east side of the river to the west you will be in cwcua where you are not allowed to use motorized vehilce while hunting. Down river would be ok of course though.

Good luck.

But I was gunna say that!!

Release Lake Trout

Thanks, I have had the mudd-ox in the water on a number of different occasions. I just have no experience with the Mclaren, so I really appreciate the insight.