Thread: Valdez forum fishing get together???

Default Valdez forum fishing get together???

Anyone want to have a gathering in Valdez this spring, maybe have a fishing contest and a dinner in town. Could be just for bragging rights. I don't work and would like to meet some like minded outdoor types. Have a boat and a few open seats, caught a few butts last year. Love Valdez and can't wait for spring. Starting to get spring fever. I think some folks from the snowmachine forum did a ride and was thinking maybe the fishermen and women could do the same thing. If not a contest just get togther in town and swap lies, I mean fish stories.

Steve

Default Possibility

Possibility. I am 10 miles out of town.

I have seen your boat before. It looks like you are on Tongue Point. You have probably seen mine too, tied to a mooring bouy. 21' Aurora with a green top and Honda 90.

It is docked on M row behind you, north end next to Anadar Kayaks.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Daveinthebush; 02-26-2007 at 22:41. Reason: More info

Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012

Default Nice Boat Dave!!

Hope we can put it together. Is that your 1st mate watching the bow line??? I tried taking mine with me but she is too much of a hunter and wants to try to jump in the water trying to get to the fish. That picture was taken over on the whittier side. I did not care for the set up there. That train drove me nuts. Nothing against whittier, I just really like Valdez better and to me the butt fishing is much better. I would be driving down from North Pole and would be willing to take some Iraq vets with me. I did my time there as well. Anyone know this guy???

Olly North is a great American IMHO took one for the team. That picture was taken during the briefing for the raid that got Saddam's sons. My unit flew thier bodies back to Tikrit.

Steve

Default I already do

I have taken Matt (Iraq), his dad (Vietnam) fishing, and Scott and Todd (Iraq) bear hunting. Lots of fun taking the boys out for a trip.

Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012

Default Good on Ya Dave!!

The men and women in the service today sure are having a hard time. My 20 plus years were easy compared to what they are doing now. My wife has been over there for 2 years and I did almost a year when it first started. Got hurt and had to come back and retire. I'm going to chase bears around this spring as well and would be willing to take someone along as well. The Vietnam guys really got the dirty end of the stick and I make sure to thank everyone I meet for thier service. Great to hear that you took them hunting. I'm sure they will remember that for the rest of thier lives. I wanted to take her hunting with me this year but she will be busy getting another group ready to go back. So I will be by myself again.

Steve