Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vacuum Seal Firearms.....Any Business do that.

Default Vacuum Seal Firearms.....Any Business do that.

I want to get three firearms Vacuum Sealed. Is there a business that does this......?

Should be able to do that yourself with a Food-Saver which is dang handy for fish and game storage also. The bags come in a roll so put sock over gun, drop in some moisture packet things, stick in bag and suck out air.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Problem is that with a vacuum sealer, the desiccant packets will be sealed off too, so that they could'nt work properly. I have seen some bad results with plastic wrapped firearms for storage, finishes ruined. I recommend putting one of the excellent storage coatings on your gun(s) and placing them in a soft case that could breathe. This is based on you asking about this for long term storage. Jucy my 2 cents worth.

Quote Originally Posted by mauserboy View Post
    Problem is that with a vacuum sealer, the desiccant packets will be sealed off too, so that they could'nt work properly. I have seen some bad results with plastic wrapped firearms for storage, finishes ruined. I recommend putting one of the excellent storage coatings on your gun(s) and placing them in a soft case that could breathe. This is based on you asking about this for long term storage. Jucy my 2 cents worth.
    I figure to bury them, so they won't be breathing. I am more inclined to clean them, hose them with LPS-3 and then fill the bag with 10W oil and seal. Then wrap that in an oil soaked towel (for protection) and add a second layer of vacuum sealed bag. They would all have "Non-Wood stocks".

You might consider some of the fancy vapor no rust bags. I've used several types to put guns in storage, but haven't pulled any out to see how well they've done over the years.Bianchi once sold storage bags they called Blue Bags. Tough bags with a rust inhibitor. I've used these with good results.I think it's Kleenbore (?) that has some new bags out. I ordered some and they look good, but I haven't tried them yet as they came too late for the project I needed them for.Brownells sells "Triple Tough-Premium Storage Bags" and I used these with Vapor Wrapper Paper and/or Vapor Tabs. I've been impressed with this set up.If I had the time and $, I'd use the tough storage bags with a vapor rust inhibitor, then a vacuum sealed bag, and put all that inside a sealed PVC pipe for under ground storage.Don't forget to store some ammo! And don't forget where you put you stuff!

Thanks, Rep point sent.

If you bury them PVC well casing pipe is the best thing I have seen used, you can put ammo and other stuff in there too. Rust protect with Cosmoline or Vaseline, paper wrap, into an oiled gun sock or your towel, then into PVC with some desiccant to absorb the moisture after you seal. Oil absorbent or clumping type cat litter will work as a desiccant. You can use a post auger to get it in the ground vertically reducing metal detector signature and putting next to water lines and stuff and other false targets were also suggested back in the Clinton 90s.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Don't forget to wear one of these, too:
    Spending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

O.K., now I know your intentions. I have an SKS with 200 rounds of ammo and a few, uh, extras planted on my property, but I just put it in a plastic pipe, with sealed ends, sprayed down with anti-corrosion spray a,d buried it like that. That way, if necessary, I can just dig it up, open the case and use it. These days though, I keep what I'll need in case of emergencies with me.

Quote Originally Posted by spoiled one View Post
    Don't forget to wear one of these, too:
    Well, Know one wants to buy firearms, and I am paying over $700.00 a year for heated storage in Los Anchorage, Most I have not seen in years. So I figure if I bury them it will be cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by AGL4now View Post
    Well, Know one wants to buy firearms, and I am paying over $700.00 a year for heated storage in Los Anchorage, Most I have not seen in years. So I figure if I bury them it will be cheaper.
    Makes sense, I guess. I was just playing around a bit, not trying to insinuate anything.
    Spending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by spoiled one View Post
    Makes sense, I guess. I was just playing around a bit, not trying to insinuate anything.
    No Offense taken. And the truth be told, I have serious considerations about the future. It is interesting that nearly all of the freeze dried food manufactures have stopped accepting orders for the next 4 to 6 months. There may be a shortage of tin-foil soon. But the good news is my silver has gone from $3.55 per ounce to $34.45 Per ounce. So at least I can afford tin-foil.

Quote Originally Posted by AGL4now View Post
    No Offense taken. And the truth be told, I have serious considerations about the future. It is interesting that nearly all of the freeze dried food manufactures have stopped accepting orders for the next 4 to 6 months. There may be a shortage of tin-foil soon. But the good news is my silver has gone from $3.55 per ounce to $34.45 Per ounce. So at least I can afford tin-foil.
    Iím with ya man! When Clinton was after guns and guys were cashing them away I laughed and even gave one friend a foil lined ball cap. I laughed at the Y2K nuts as I made money off their foolish behavior. Then I and everyone I knew had good employment, supplies of goods were beyond abundant, and the world at large was quite stable. Different story now, who knows what will come but odds are something less than great is on the horizon. So in this strange time I think it prudent to prepare for the worst while hoping and working for the best.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

I could NOT have said it Gooooder

On your PVC pipe put a tire air stem in one end so you can fill with Nitrogen
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Quote Originally Posted by Amigo Will View Post
    On your PVC pipe put a tire air stem in one end so you can fill with Nitrogen
    You are a smart man Will!
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Don't mean to sound dumb--But what does the nitrogen do? Keep moisture away??
    Thanks
    Goo

Quote Originally Posted by goeaux View Post
    Don't mean to sound dumb--But what does the nitrogen do? Keep moisture away??
    Thanks
    Goo
    Nitrogen is an inert gas, in order for rust to form there must be oxygen, iron, and moisture so oxygen causes the steel to oxidize and form rust.

I do believe that you would have to pull a vacuum on the pipe first to draw out the oxygen then fill with nitrogen.

I'm no expert, just an ex aircraft mechanic.

Steve
    "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"
    Founding Member
    http://www.residenthuntersofalaska.org/

Thanks much-
    Goo

A few people I know used Pvc pipe with screw caps. Oiled their guns down and put it into pipe, stand on it's end and used dried ice vapour to fill the pipe with CO2 to expel O2.They reckoned it worked well.
    Dan.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast